Autocruise Startrail Control Panel

mondo

I have an Autocruise Startrail 09 reg,I seem to be having trouble with the charging system,when I go on site and hook up the panel is not showing I'm on mains electric nor is it showing the little lightning symbol to show I am topping up the leisure battery

Does this mean a trip to the dealers for a new panel...the leisure battery tops itself up when the engine is running ..but not on EHU...any thoughts please!! (?)

• 3 weeks later...
Dave many thanks for your input ..been to the dealers today.. now we are back from France...they have confirmed the charging unit is U/S and has to be replaced... on a six month old van....yea right ...oh well at least I don't have to pay... warranty and all that

Hi Mondo

I have the same problem with our Autocruise Sportstar.& assume they will be the same unit.

Although the lightening symbol has not been shown from day one & I didn't realise there was one. I am into the dealers on Thursday and also to check out the wholw unit, as it flashes reverse polarity on occasions when the water pump stops running. On Sunday it flashed up "Fuse blown" but I can't find which one. It only showed this once and it has not flashed up since. I thought it was the onboard charger not working, as the Fridge, Truma, Kettle and TV were all working on mains.

flicka - 2009-09-22 10:46 PM

Is the manufacturers name on your control panel and charging system, if so who is it? Have you been abroad with your motorhome recently and do you carry a reverse polarity check plug?

Hi Mondo

I have the same problem with our Autocruise Sportstar.& assume they will be the same unit.

Although the lightening symbol has not been shown from day one & I didn't realise there was one. I am into the dealers on Thursday and also to check out the wholw unit, as it flashes reverse polarity on occasions when the water pump stops running. On Sunday it flashed up "Fuse blown" but I can't find which one. It only showed this once and it has not flashed up since. I thought it was the onboard charger not working, as the Fridge, Truma, Kettle and TV were all working on mains.

flicka - 2009-09-22 10:46 PM

Hi Mondo

I actually posted this thread on another forum.(motorhomefacts) and Swift monitor it..my local dealer has put everything into gear to get a new charger unit and I have been advised of a 10 day wait (at least)

When the sparky was checking the unit he said it was an ongoing problem with Swift (holding company of Autocruise) vans and they have replaced quite a lot of them he did not specify how many

Apparently Swift are aware of the problem and are doing there best to sort it..they asked me to EMail them my chassis number so they can track the progress of the warranty claim.get in quick and get it sorted

Had a long run over to the dealer today.

They confirmed my charger unit has failed & have had to remove it to send back to Autocruise. They were not able to give me a time scale for the replacement, which will now entail another 300 mile round trip to have it fitted when they get the new one.

As the Autocruise works are less than half way to the dealership, I enquired if it would be possible to go direct and have it fitted.

Aparently, since Swift's take-over this is no longer an option.

Ce la vie, at least we can still use the M/H. Just have to connect an external charger at a 13A socket when on hook-up.

Ay-Oh, we will still be at Lincoln on Saturday till Monday

Archived