Some buggars nicked me water cap

michele

THis is probably the earlier thread Mel B had in mind:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17035&posts=10

As I said then, it is imperative when obtaining a replacement cap to ensure that the replacement is an exact match for the original. This, of course, is a lot easier to do when some bugger hasn't pinched the original!

Sadly, Rupert, locking it doesn't ensure its safety.... The man on the site at the Western Motorhome Show who was parked next to me. Had his stolen some months before and he says it was locked. The following week they came back and stole his van. It had wheel clamps on both front and back, steering wheel clamp lock, immobiliser and complete van alarm... 8-) :-(

If the so and so's decide that it is your van they want .... then they will find a way. I wonder whether the key to the water lock was the same as to the van as appears to be the case with some vans, and maybe they had a way of making a copy. :'( Joy

ROON - 2009-09-04 11:29 AM

Sadly, Rupert, locking it doesn't ensure its safety.... The man on the site at the Western Motorhome Show who was parked next to me. Had his stolen some months before and he says it was locked. The following week they came back and stole his van. It had wheel clamps on both front and back, steering wheel clamp lock, immobiliser and complete van alarm... 8-) :-(

If the so and so's decide that it is your van they want .... then they will find a way. I wonder whether the key to the water lock was the same as to the van as appears to be the case with some vans, and maybe they had a way of making a copy. :'( Joy

Joy - the key for our water filler is the same as the habitation door, lockers etc, as I suspect a lot of van's are similarly set up, so we only have the one key to tout around in addition to the one for the cab and remote control fob. We have an alarm and an extra immobiliser too so hopefully, short of them coming with a low loader, a thief won't be able to move it ... oh I do hope I don't regret saying that! 8-)

Michele - bearing in mind the above about them returning to 'nick' your van - are you absolutely sure it's been nicked and not just lost?

If the former and it uses the same key as the habitation door, I suggest you take some extra precautions to ensure you van can't be nicked easily ... this isn't the first time I've heard of it happening.

Archived