Fiat Judder thread problem?

p0930

diydoolittle - 2009-09-05 11:24 AM Same for me. Last post on front page says 8:20am today, but on thread last post is from 1:38 yesterday. Think it has a wee problem.

Not necessarily. On most forums a PM will register as a post I believe, so it could well be that the last contribution shown is a private message.

Why not try posting on the tread and see if it is added?

This problem with thread overload has happened before and it needs the thread to be restarted; there seems to be a limit as to how many pages / posts any particular thread can accommodate (see page 1 of the Judder thread).

Best leave it to Andy Stothert to restart the thread.

I have sent him a PM asking him to look at the matter.

Despite Brambles' best efforts it won't let me have my whinge of the day on the main thread.

This after typing out a 300 word diatribe about the some eejit telling folk that now is the best time to buy a 2.3 litre Fiat. Others are still thinking its clutch fault. Others can't be a**ed to read it, etc etc etc

The madness has now passed over, but now is not the time to be buying a 2.3 litre Fiat. I would rather marry Amy Winehouse than buy a 2.3 litre Fiat.

Well, if Aimy Wine House wants to buy a 3 Litre Fiat with an overhang that catches on every bump and has a gear box which cooks in reverse well she can have mine at the reduced cost of 85k. Oh that 's what I paid for it, dear me. So all I want is my money back and good luck to Fiat in Turin. Imagine writing to me and telling me that the judder in reverse is an acceptable part of the vehicles operation. What a bunch of tulips and tulips have nothing to do with Aimy or Fiat.

Anyway, I do hope to use all these threads whatever time I get Fiat and their buddies in Dethleff in front of a judge. If I treated my customers in this way I wouldn't have any customers.

So that is their game plan get rid of all the faulty vehicles close the shop down and sell it to someone, cool dudes. So me and my faulty motorhome might have to remain together for awhile yet.

(lol)

diydoolittle - 2009-09-05 11:42 AM

Sorry should have mentioned that I had also checked my email notifications and received 4 for the thread the only one which is there is the last one showing from Moyne. The others from vernon b @ 16:46, melvin @ 17:34 and starfield @ 8:20 are not.

I had a lot of problems getting mine to "submit" and thought it was completely lost - so I'm surprised to see it there now.

Irrespective of this problem the thread is losing it's usefulness because of its size and all the totally extraneous comments that some people feel they have to make ie what has Fiat v Ford got to do with it?

It's asking a lot but Andy S would do everyone a big big favour if he opened a new thread with a concise summary of the PRESENT position and let thing run again from there.

V

I got this from Fiat the other day.

got this from Fait the other day...

"the problem with the juddering when going into reverse and for which Italy already developed a solution is about the 2.3 l engine.

It is correct that this solution cannot be used for the 3.0 l engine.

As I can see from the attachment Fiat UK has already verified the issue and the performance of the vehicle when using the reverse gear has been assessed as acceptable and also confirmed that no other steps are planed. This is the reason why we cannot give you any reply by today and must forward it to Fiat UK.

This is very interesting for you 2.3 Litre owners they are now saying that there is a known problem with the 2.3 litre vehicles. When will the recall happen. The other point I must make is that Fiat have never tested or looked at my vehicle at any time.

The say that the judder is acceptable. How do they know it judders ?

I am not questioning whether they find it acceptable, I don't !

Guess what Fiat have called my dealer looking for vehicles to repair as they are slow for work. However despite the fact they are admitting that there is a problem with the 2.3 liter vehicles (all of them) they still have not done a recall of these vehicles to have them repaired or replaced.

My dealer has over 150 vehicles that need looked at.... poor him !

AndyStothert - 2009-09-05 4:36 PM  I would rather marry Amy Winehouse than buy a 2.3 litre Fiat.

Surely it can't be that bad Andy !! Anyway you can't 'cos according to your saga of the 'European tour' you're already married - Or have things moved on from then!! 

Archived