Cupboard Stay

alistair

Our elderly Autosleeper Duetto needs a new stay for the top-hinged cupboard door above the hob. It's the type where the metal stay is attached to the door at one end and passes through a round plastic fitting attached to the side wall of the cupboard. To prop open, one lifts the door up and lets it fall back until the stay takes the weight. To close, one lifts the door a little and the stay cleverly comes off its stop and passes through the plastic fitting to permit the door to close. I'm sure most motorhomers will know what I mean. I'll try and attach a photo. Does anyone know if these are still available, and if so, from where? Perhaps one has to replace them with a gas strut or spring type nowadays.

Thanks.

Alistair

PS The photo doesn't seem to have worked so I hope someone recognises the stay from my description!

Many thanks njw - I've looked at their catalogue on line and that's exactly what I'm after! As a foreigner I've never heard of screwfix so didn't think of calling there when we were in the UK. We looked in caravan accessory and DIY B&Q with no joy. We'll be back next year so will get one then.

Alistair

alistair

You can always order one direct from Autosleeper. I have done this in the past and they have supplied very quickly. All you need is a credit card and a cheap phone connection (e.g. Skype), or even do everything by email.

Just a thought.

Michael

Archived