Headlight Protectors

kelly58

e-bay item 280391967432 has just arrived and took only a few minutes to fit to my 2008 Fiat Ducatto an excellent product @ only £10 + postage all I have to do now is to stick on the beam benders well happy made by Airplex Industries P/N HG691 will also fit Peugeot and Citroen models.

I am only a customer and have no association with the product producers or seller.

If you can get the kind of beam-benders which can be used two ways round (RHD/LHD or LHD/RHD), then you can fit them on the INSIDE of the protectors, using them the "wrong" way. Then they're less likely to come unstuck and fall of, and you have a nice smooth surface to keep clean.

That's what we did, and they've now done four continental trips, probably totalling about 10 weeks and over 8000 miles.

Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

BRIMAL - 2009-09-14 8:56 AM These sound interesting, but are they easy to fit on? cant see how they can clip on to the heallams. Let me know how you get on please.

There are two strong plastic clips that fit on the bottom and slip under the headlight and two metal clips that fit under the top trim and then two screws are fixed through the covers into the metal clips and then a black plastic cap is put over the top of the screw head only takes about 10 minutes 1st time then as you know how they fix its only a quick job to remove . I will try and post pics later

It does make sense to fit them. I recently had to replace the headlamp unit on my Honda motorcycle because the lens was crazed through a 'strike' of some description.

As the unit was a sealed unit I had to cough up £317.00 for a complete replacement. I held the new unit in my hand and couldn't for the life of me see £317.00 !!

I immediately bought and fitted a headlamp protector for £20.00. Mind you.... I didn't see 20 quids worth there either !

Presumably, a headlamp for a motorcaravan is a kings ransom as well.

Bought two Fiat headlight protectors, for £44, good value, stuck the beam benders on as a permanent fixture, Take them off while waiting for the ferry home to UK, so no problem driving out of terminal

Make sure that they are for the correct model (in our case ducato 2005) even tyhough the vehicle is 06 reg. We keep them wrapped in the bubble wrap when no in use,

got them from 4x4 accesories

Pauline

• 3 weeks later...
kelly58 - 2009-09-15 8:19 AM
BRIMAL - 2009-09-14 8:56 AM These sound interesting, but are they easy to fit on? cant see how they can clip on to the heallams. Let me know how you get on please.

There are two strong plastic clips that fit on the bottom and slip under the headlight and two metal clips that fit under the top trim and then two screws are fixed through the covers into the metal clips and then a black plastic cap is put over the top of the screw head only takes about 10 minutes 1st time then as you know how they fix its only a quick job to remove . I will try and post pics later

Mine seem slightly different to yours as there is a small clip that clips inside and there is nothing to screw in anywhereI bought them on line at www.formula4.co.uk cost was £33 but can be taken off in less than 10 seconds and replaced in the same.These are actually Peugeot specific covers not a universal Boxer/Ducato fit.They have the marks for the fitting of the deflectors on the covers.They do what they say on the tin!!

help-heroes.jpg.6692af3e48ccb3aec68f7a539e2e841f.jpg

bazooka - 2009-10-08 7:30 PM

Hi this is my first atempt at amessage.Does this this firm supply protectors for a ford transit 2004.

E.Mail them here cdctrucks@hotmail.co.uk and ask them.

Bazooka

I had an Autosleeper Eton on 56 plated Ford (smiley face) but changed recently to Nuevo Es on Peugot and have a pair of headlamp protectors (with beam bender masks) to fit going spare. Perhaps we can come to an arrangement.

Also have a set of 'genuine ' Paragon Silver Screens with thedrop down section for sale.

If you are interested use the PM for further detail

Dave

Archived