routes to italy

grumpy carol

Guest JudgeMental

There is loads of info regards this in the "search" facility

for instance:

My favourite route to Italy is via: Calais/Belgium/Luxembourg/Metz/Strasbourg/Colmar/Basle/Gottard tunnel/Milan.....

Cheaper fuel in Luxembourg, no tolls, and the municipal site at "Obernai" is a popular stop on this route. Could be your first stop 400 miles 6 hours, then a short hop into Switzerland and on to!...... :-D

"My favourite route to Italy is via: Calais/Belgium/Luxembourg/Metz/Strasbourg/Colmar/Basle/Gottard tunnel/Milan..... "

Did this route to Italy almost every week for four and a half years as a Trucker and think it's probably the cheapest way to go. I prefer to go via Epinal and the Col du Bussang or the Bon Homme when I could.

I spent a lot of time trying to save money on tolls in Italy by using the Super Stradale roads (SS) or National Roads and honestly feel if you are in a hurry take the financial hit and use the Motorways - its a lot quicker. I used to buy a pre pay toll card (Via Card) at the first Alt Stazione (toll booth) I arrived at at Como. I think its called Punto Blu or something now, but in the end we had Telepass installed (like Dart tags) and you can go through toll booths at 30mph without stopping. It was bliss.

Have a nice trip.

Archived