-- --- - MOT

-- . .- -. MEAN

- -.- TK

-.- ..-- ..-- . -. -..K..END

????? 8-)

Ah - just worked it out: Sorry, I did not mean to offend! :-D

You shouldn't do Morse code with one eye shut! :D

Hi Dave

Thank you very much for the sensible reply answer it is quite obvious when i thought it out, also thank you for putting hallii right about the fact I always sign my posts, although I don't know if he atempted to insult me by calling me a Troll ?

I don't know if he refers to my avatar which in fact is a Tasmanian devil,

Or could it be my name tpoo2c784 etc but some how when I set up the account this is what I ended up with as my name but is part of my email address, But as I always sign my name what difference does it make.

sshortcircuit sorry I ommited the title of my of my thread, and by the time I realised my error over 30 mins. had passed and it was to late to edit but I did notice that your answer with all the dots and dashes you had to Edit it, so it just shows we are not all perfect.

Terry :$ :D (lol)

Terry, you need a freesat box in the same way that a tv without freeview would need a freeview box.  We use a sat dish, freesat box and built-in freeview tv in our van. 

They have a freesat box on freeview channel 22 today for 117.00 but I expect you could get a cheaper one online.

Madmaggott - 2009-09-12 10:11 PMTerry, you need a freesat box in the same way that a tv without freeview would need a freeview box.  We use a sat dish, freesat box and built-in freeview tv in our van. 

They have a freesat box on freeview channel 22 today for 117.00 but I expect you could get a cheaper one online.

Thank You Madmaggott I do have a Maplins suitcase satelite dish but by the time you get all the cables and boxes connected you need a pair of knitting needles to sort it all out.The Maplins freesat box has a scart plug fixed on one end and should plug in to the television, in theory a good idea but would you believe the television socket is recessed and you can not plug the box in direct, so you need a master socket to plug in the freesat box into with the other end plugged into the television and its a right mess.Terry

A freesat box is fine but why not get hold of a redundant, ordinary Sky box and purchase a permanent, free to air and free to view card from Sky for about £24.  Just don't mention that it's for a motorhome and use it regularly to ensure it keeps its permissions for both fta and ftv.  A phonecall will quickly fix it if it ever fails. That works fine for me and covers all the basic channels.  If your TV is digital ready you could suppliment the sat system with a terrestrial antenna for those sites where satellites are screened by trees etc.

Archived