American rvs

baspegpet

Hi Bas...

Welcome to the mad house! :->

From my limited knowledge, you'll probably get around 10-15 mpg depending on whether you get a diesel or petrol version.

Have you had a motorhome before? If not, going straight for an RV could prove 'interesting'! :-S

Guest JudgeMental

Have a look over on "motorhomefun" it is another extremely friendly forum but with more RV owners/advice then on here.

just watch the weight and the payload......those slide outs really tear into user payloads :-S Personally not a fan at all....OK in the USA with no roundabouts and cheaper fuel. And if its the merc / pulse I have seen criticism elsewhere.....

baspegpet - 2009-09-11 10:01 PM

We are thinking of buying a small american rv 24 -26ft with slide outs for use in the UK. Where are good places to buy them and how practical are they for UK use. How good are lpg conversions and what sort of mpg could we expect?

Many thanks for any advice

Hi baspegpet

I have a 29ft Georgieboy pursuit RV. Twin slides 6.8 petrol.First time user

I got mine from Goldrv in Hampshire. I Ave around 12mpg. Decided not to convert to lpg due to recouping the cost back.Most RV,s are low mileage so do consider the cost to convert and the amount of miles per year you intend to use.

I have found not many problems using the rv on uk roads.But do plan ahead as much as you can.Everybody has there own views on make and type of van,but do have a good look round.Bargain hard some good deals around on RV,S.

Tony..... :-D

baspegpet - 2009-09-11 10:01 PM

We are thinking of buying a small american rv 24 -26ft with slide outs for use in the UK. Where are good places to buy them and how practical are they for UK use. How good are lpg conversions and what sort of mpg could we expect? . Many thanks for any advice

we have a 28 foot chateau citation b class rv twin slide 6 litre diesel. towing a small trailer 18.5 mpg motorways and a/b class roads. towing a van with a large disabled inside 14.5 mpg. not towing just short on 20 mpg. we are impressed with the mpg. bought from brownhills (hymer UK) Preston. the size you are looking at should have no problem on sites we don't

phil

Archived