Rooflights - after market fitting

Sssnake

En-route to France recently, we called into Brownhills at Swindon to brew up and have a browse around the vans. I was mightily impressed by an enormous rooflight that just flooded the van with sunlight.

I enquired with a sales rep regarding the cost of fitting a similar rooflight to our Dethleff but was told it wasn't possible.

That doesn't seem right to me? I am however a complete newbie so nodded at the salesman and walked away a little confused and despondent!

Was he right? If not can you fab people please make recommendations

regarding makes, (When we were looking to buy a van I often read about Heki rooflights but didn't understand the relevance!) recommended size and reputable fitters? Brownhills Swindon won't appear on that list I suppose.........................

It is not impossible to retro fit a Heki or Remis rooflight but care needs to be taken with regard to roof strength and any structural members that would need to be cut through in order to fit the rooflight. I fitted a Midi Heki into the roof of our last coachbuilt motorhome but it was as part of a major refit I was doing and I fitted a welded aluminium box section reinforcing frame to the whole roof.

Can you take a digital photo of the roof where you'd like the rooflight and post it on here?

D.

Archived