Sites in/near Bruges in November

snobbyafghan

robertandjean - 2009-09-14 8:05 PM

Or of course you could always use the aire. 22.50€ a night when we stayed in August but by November I think it drops down to 15€ a night. Situation is nice, overlooking canal, easy walk to centre, hardstanding and hook-up. Services an extra 0.5€, but can pick up water free at coach park.

Ditto. We were there a couple of weeks ago. Great position for short walk through park into the old city.

Certainly better value than Camping Memling if your reason for being in Brugges is to visit the city and not laze around.

I presume thats expensive for an aire?

When you say services at €.5, is that just water and waste, or it that water, waste and leccy?

It looked full when i was passing to the campsite, and as JM says, there is motorhome parking (signposted as motorhome parking) accross the road. Is there an evening restriction on the free parking , or can you park up all night and day?

handyman - 2009-09-15 2:07 PM

I presume thats expensive for an aire?

When you say services at €.5, is that just water and waste, or it that water, waste and leccy?

It looked full when i was passing to the campsite, and as JM says, there is motorhome parking (signposted as motorhome parking) accross the road. Is there an evening restriction on the free parking , or can you park up all night and day?

The 22.50€ includes electricity. All you need to pay 50c for is to empty and rinse your cassette. There is free water and grey water dumping in the coach park by the pay station.

There is no overnight parking in the car park opposite and there are heavy fines for parking on the road.

I suppose for an aire it's expensive, but for the city centre location it's on a par with other cities' aires like Barcelona and Venice.

Guest JudgeMental
handyman - 2009-09-15 4:09 PM

looked like a proper campsite.......

Its great to see proper daytime campervan parking (across the road) near the center. So knowone uses this free parking as an aire then, as fines are given out? (thats not what JM says in above post)

I was talking about parking on the road between the Aire and the day time parking area(this used to be the Aire) have seen many ove nighting here. also there is a tree lined avenue that someone else recommended for stopping overnight but I cant find it now...Was sure I had it saved somewhere :-( But it is around the ring road heading East from Aire and a turning oft to the right......

Guest JudgeMental

the road outside the coach park and the Aire is called "Bargeweg" this is where vans overnight for free....

In fact if you log on google maps and press satellite you can clearly see vans parked all along. this is an old image as the old Aire/new day time parking is dug up in the picture. I am searching with no luck for the free spot :-S

The day time parking over the road from the aire is not free; not sure charges but not cheap. No vans were parked overnight in the "free" area described by the Judge when we were there for two nights in August, yet many vans did turn round when saw price of aire. But aires are not just about cost; yes this one is expensive but our reasons for using aires, no booking, close to where we want to be, lack of regimentation still apply. O.K. so staying on aires which do not charge is good but not, for us, the main reason for using them.

Guest JudgeMental

I never said the day time parking was free. We always use the Aire. but many stay for free on the road betwen the 2 on "Bargeweg"

You caan clearly see where vans can overnight on attached picture.

brugge.jpg.89f5cd68c24a5d4d1c20c998009d6457.jpg

Guest JudgeMental
derek500 - 2009-09-15 9:03 PM

Dominic, the chap who looks after the aire. told me the police were fining overnighters 400€ for parking on the road between the aire and the day car park!!

what do you expect him to say! are there any lines? Or night time parking restrictions? I dont know...Just have a look lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental
michele - 2009-09-26 2:27 PM

met a guy settled for the night on the road ,he was frying his chips I suppose he was willing to take the chance .

maybe someone can confirm if there are restrictions on the road for overnight parking......

Guest JudgeMental
derek500 - 2009-09-26 5:04 PM

On that Google map/picture, the aire is empty, as is the day car park. Perhaps they were working on them and allowing parking on the road?

Yes you are right, But the picture is old and it was taken when the old aire (above the road) was dug up & being converted to the day time motorhome parking. and the new aire to the right of coach park was also being constructed....

BUT since then I have stayed 3 times on the new Aire and there has always been campers parked on the road outside at night........... So someone needs to check and report back as to the legality

Archived