Awnings - PACK Kastle Awning v Others

Eliza Doolittle

Hi Everyone

Me again, on about awnings.

Been to the show at Shepton Mallet. Looked at all my options, then following the show visited Highbridge and loooked at what they had on display.

I really like the P.A.C.K Kastle Awning. Does anybody own one of these? Can they recommend it? Does anybody not recommend it?

From what was on at the show, it seems like the only other drive away awning is the Movelight XL. I do not find this pretty to look at. However, may be persuaded to go for this one by my husband as he thinks it will be easier to erect.

If anybody has any of the above, or could recommend any others to look at I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Eliza

There are lots of different drive away awnings out there, it looks like the display at the show was rather limited.

£559 for a drive away awning is very expensive in my view!!! And that's before you've added the annexes if you need them.

I've just done a quick search on ebay with the phrase 'motorhome awning' and lots came up for a lot less money.

Don't forget to have a look in the 'Buy and Sell' part of this website (see top left of screen) as you occasionally get them on their. Also look in your local paper to see if anyone is advertising there too.

Hi Mel

We would certainly never say price is not an issue with reference to the purchase of our awning.

With two small babies we are always skint and will have to save for whatever we are going to buy. However, we (well I) have to like the look of the awning.

This I guess is where we are coming unstuck.

We too have checked out ebay. We think many of those that are listed are not suitable for our van as our van is too high. It is a Hymer and has a door that nearly touches the roof.

It is in storage and we are popping over to it tomorrow to put some new purchases on it. We will measure the exact height then, but I have a feeling it is close to 3 metres.

I guess the search continues.

Thanks.

Eliza

Hi Eliza Like some motorhomers I have a spare drive away awninings lying around one of them is a movelight XL and I have used it twice it is easy to put up and stays fixed when I leave it some people will say it looks like a tent well it is but it is quite large and plenty of room to move around or to sleep in I purchased an NR D/A awning but it did not look as big so now I need an annex for it there is always somthing that you want and if you look out there there are plenty of good awnings for sale

Archived