Which Investments?

BGD

Hi there all you good-at-investment peeps, Clive et al!

Can anyone recommend some UK based, GBP (rather than euro or dollar) investments at the moment that I could investigate in more detail from over here in Spain please?

I'm rather out of the UK investment market loop nowadays

I've got a fairly sizeable chunk of money in the UK in GBP's that I want to invest in the coming few weeks.

I don't want to transfer it into euros at the moment as the GBP/euro exchange rate remains awful.

I don't need to draw income from it, and I'm prepared to tie it up for 5 years or so to get a half-decent return.

So Capital growth is the key.

Some of it could be in relatively high risk, perhaps share-based investment vehicles.

Low or zero up-front charges are also important.

Obviously no detailed investment advice, (FSA rules blah blah blah) but any general thoughts on possible investment vehicles/Companies/banks etc please?

Cheers,

Bruce.

Tony Jones - 2009-09-16 10:53 AM

I'm disappointed, Bruce.

You've always struck me as the "gerritspent" type! :-D

hehehe....normally yes Tony, but I've got just SO much money sloshing about from all those international gun and drug deals that you and I did recently that I'll have to re-invest some....... :D

BGD - 2009-09-16 5:15 PM

Tony Jones - 2009-09-16 10:53 AM

I'm disappointed, Bruce.

You've always struck me as the "gerritspent" type! :-D

hehehe....normally yes Tony, but I've got just SO much money sloshing about from all those international gun and drug deals that you and I did recently that I'll have to re-invest some....... :D

Bruce, I TOLD you to use PMs for this - otherwise they'll all want a piece of the action. That Mel B is a born gun-runner, not to mention Janine (which is probably wise).

Tony Jones - 2009-09-16 6:13 PM

Bruce, I TOLD you to use PMs for this - otherwise they'll all want a piece of the action. That Mel B is a born gun-runner, not to mention Janine (which is probably wise).

So you still have not twigged on to the fact that your PM's are being intercepted. Got your sat nav co-ordinates for the drop zones as well B-) >:-)

Archived