Forgetful

Geof  Angi

Back safely from a couple of weeks in France, nearly all went well LOL

Some of you may remember the problems that Angi and I had in our trip to Croatia, well the saga this trip is not a costly money wise but did I get an ear bashing.

We had booked a ferry for 14:30 at Dover on the 31st Aug. Angi had to go out in the morning so we arranged to meet where we park the bus at 11:30 allowing us around 2 1/2 hours for a 2 hour journey which included a trip around the M25 and over the Dartford bridge. My task before we left was to put a pre packed freezer bag in the car to take with us, having packed the bus the day before. The bus is parked 15 miles from where we live but in the right direction for Dover. Guess what, yes I forgot it entailing a 30mile round trip when Angie asked where it was on arriving at the park, not a happy lady. Secondly, on the bost we purchased 2 bottles of Scotch, when paying for them I was asked for I.D. what came into my mind, yes, I had forgotten my driving licence, which as you know is a requirement when driving in France. Same day, arrived at first night stop, third time this year and I had plans to take a photo so as to show how the lake had changed through the seasons. As again you may remember I droped my camera on the Croatia trip and it was damaged beyond repair, but I had bought a new one. Only one problem with the photo shoot, add camera to list of forgotten items. A good start to hol's LOL. But up until Sunday when we come home the nothing else had gone wrong and we had some good weather as well as some fine wine and gastronomic delights. Dateline Sunday, Calais, altinator light on, bus not charging, but the good news is we got home unaided, the bad news £308 and a 3 day wait for parts. All is well I think, ugh ugh, Dateline Thursday, sister in law is asking for her garlic that I promised to bring her back and guess what, yes I had forgotten it. Looks like a quick trip to Tesco in the morning.

Geof

Geof & Angi - 2009-09-18 8:54 PM Back safely from a couple of weeks in France, nearly all went well LOL Some of you may remember the problems that Angi and I had in our trip to Croatia, well the saga this trip is not a costly money wise but did I get an ear bashing. We had booked a ferry for 14:30 at Dover on the 31st Aug. Angi had to go out in the morning so we arranged to meet where we park the bus at 11:30 allowing us around 2 1/2 hours for a 2 hour journey which included a trip around the M25 and over the Dartford bridge. My task before we left was to put a pre packed freezer bag in the car to take with us, having packed the bus the day before. The bus is parked 15 miles from where we live but in the right direction for Dover. Guess what, yes I forgot it entailing a 30mile round trip when Angie asked where it was on arriving at the park, not a happy lady. Secondly, on the bost we purchased 2 bottles of Scotch, when paying for them I was asked for I.D. what came into my mind, yes, I had forgotten my driving licence, which as you know is a requirement when driving in France. Same day, arrived at first night stop, third time this year and I had plans to take a photo so as to show how the lake had changed through the seasons. As again you may remember I droped my camera on the Croatia trip and it was damaged beyond repair, but I had bought a new one. Only one problem with the photo shoot, add camera to list of forgotten items. A good start to hol's LOL. But up until Sunday when we come home the nothing else had gone wrong and we had some good weather as well as some fine wine and gastronomic delights. Dateline Sunday, Calais, altinator light on, bus not charging, but the good news is we got home unaided, the bad news £308 and a 3 day wait for parts. All is well I think, ugh ugh, Dateline Thursday, sister in law is asking for her garlic that I promised to bring her back and guess what, yes I had forgotten it. Looks like a quick trip to Tesco in the morning. Geof

Hi Geof.

Hope you can remember where Tesco's is, don't forget your points. :-D

Dave

Archived