Lincoln - Season Finale Show

Mel B

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're there camping with the ASOC. Glorious weather, plenty of toilets and showers. It's the first time for us and I have to say it's a great showground. Might take a walk round to that stand later . . what number was it? . . . 333?

We're there camping with the ASOC. Glorious weather, plenty of toilets and showers. It's the first time for us and I have to say it's a great showground. Might take a walk round to that stand later . . what number was it? . . . 333?

Hi all

Finally managed to get a mobile broadband link! Its very difficult to connect here so if I go 'off' you know why! :D

It's a good show, plenty to look at, tempted seriously with a Eura Mobile Profila 580 ... yes I know it's a great big overcab (hubby said he'd never have one again!) but it means it's got a lovely big bed that I can sit up in and have my morning cuppa and keeps the length to what we want. It's only 6mtrs and has loads of storage under a double floor so there's somewhere to stick the canoes etc. Downside is that it's only got a 'normal' sized and type of fridge, no separate freezer and it's not AES, other smaller things but nothing major .... Keep going back to see it again .... watch this space! :->

The sun has finally come out today, it was very overcast and cold yesterday but although it started the same today it's lovey at the moment and I'm sitting outside in the sun (where the signal is its strongest!).

Been to Lincoln and got some nice grup - a couple of freshly cooked bacon shanks with loads of meat on them for £2.00 each as they were being sold off, having to keep myself amused so I don't go and scoff them!

No time to read the rest of the forum as bettery going ... speak again soon.

:-D

Well thats the end of the out door shows for us for another year, and what a great show to end on, the weather has been good with lots of sunshine to bring out the customers and loads of day visitors.

Good to see Mel and Chris and get all the low down on ham shanks, Daves face was a picture at the offer, not something he normally gets offered.

*-) *-)

The vans are no leaving in convoys heading for pastures new, so must be time to have a beer and put our feet up, we will head home tomorrow, so cheers for now..

J

We've had a smashing time too & the weather has been very kind , I wasn't going to go but I'm really glad we did, but my wallet has felt the pain (lol)

Its been a great show & our club area was so convenient & close to the entertainment (Sandra cant walk too well) , but for Saturday night its a pity that the first group wasn't the main turn they had everyone going.

The karaoke singer who thought he could sing like Lionel Richie put a serious damper on things, he left me with no will to live :-( so we went home before the last group came on......fortunate that the girls doing the face painting were close by, this was really entertaining........however he wasn't so pleased when he woke up (lol)

Everyone one we spoke too praised the Friday night entertainment, unfortunately we missed it as our friends were forcing drinks down our throats (I did think of resisting honestly but I managed not to)

Yes we'll be booking for next year, thank you all at Warners

& if Wetherspoons did the bar we wouldn't be afraid of the scary prices 8-)

Paul

Paul how can you say the prices were scary at the bar? Real ale properly served for £2.60 a pint, got to be a good deal. Wetherspoons may be cheaper but the beer ain't nothin' like York Brewery serve up. And then from about 2 pm Sunday it was £1.50 a pint for everything right up till closing time last night. That's got to be good value (lol) .

davenewell@home - 2009-09-28 11:22 AM

snip

Wetherspoons may be cheaper but the beer ain't nothin' like York Brewery serve up. (snip ).

you could be right! it is nothing like what we were served up on Saturday night which is why most started drinking lager:-S

& Wetherspoons usually sell real ale at the perfect temperature for about £1.50 a pint for the benefit of their customers & not just to get rid of it.

(maybe thats why CAMRA sing there praises :-D )

Paul

Had a great time at the show. Dave and Jaqui looked pretty busy most times we passed by but we did have time for a quick chat.

After experience at other shows it was great to see the weather behaved itself most of the time for the traders - no joke paying out for a stand and then to have it pouring with rain.

Some of the entertainment was a bit dire but there were some good bands as well and the Ivy League were very good last night.

Agree with Dave about the beer. £2.60 was a lot better than the £3+ prices we've experienced at other comparable events - even if it was 9:30pm before the price dropped to £1.50 last night :-)

Graham

Have to agree with Graham, great show & Sunday night was spot on with the Ivy League & with local Tom Woods Bitter @ £1.50 a pint.

Anyone know how many Motorhomes there ?

We arrived Saturday late morning and there seemed to be very few spaces available. It was our 1st show (other than NEC) and would certainly go again, even though we think we now have all the accessories we need.

The dealers appeared to be doing good trade with many Vans displaying "SOLD" signs on Sunday.

We were of the opposite opinion with regard to sales. At previous shows we've notice a lot more sold notices on vans and also a lot more movement in that dealers take away sold vans after the show closes each night and then bring in more to replace them, this didn't appear to be happening much and we had a good walk round the stalls and saw the same vans again and again, so I suspect the van sale front hasn't actually been as good as usual.

Some of the stalls seem to be doing a roaring trade though.

Not quite the season finale it would seem. I have been advised that there is a Motorhome show on the Three Counties Showground at Malvern this coming weekend. We are seriously considering trading in my beloved Big Momma for a Big Momma II. Have got wish list down to 2, Swift Kontiki 669, tag axle with Island Bed and the new Auto Trail Comanche, Tag Axle with Island Bed. Both will be at the Malvern show so am going to have a good look before we decide whether to get back in to debt for many many years . :D

Big Momma - 2009-09-28 9:13 PM

Not quite the season finale it would seem. I have been advised that there is a Motorhome show on the Three Counties Showground at Malvern this coming weekend. We are seriously considering trading in my beloved Big Momma for a Big Momma II. Have got wish list down to 2, Swift Kontiki 669, tag axle with Island Bed and the new Auto Trail Comanche, Tag Axle with Island Bed. Both will be at the Malvern show so am going to have a good look before we decide whether to get back in to debt for many many years . :D

It was the season finale for the Warners shows, not for the motorhome trade in general. don't forget the NEC in two weeks time.

D.

Great weekend,and most of the entertainment was good.

Sunday night the "Come on everbody show was as good as I have seen all year.

The weekend was marred by some plonkers playing loud music[ Only the Lonely?] at aroun 12-30 amand lots of noise..plus some idiot running a Generator from teatime..till 1.30 am..I managed to get to sleep so it could have been later?

The only blot on a great weekend?...no a single blot..another blot was losing out on buying another van.I made my 5th visit to it..and got serious.Shoes off/climbing around[dont ask] underneath introducing myself to the spare wheel.Eating my sandwiches in the "lounge"whilst listening to the radio/Cd player..[for faults of course]Having removed my shoes I lay on the bed and as I did so the Sales guy came in/asked me to leave/locked the doors and put up the "sold sign"

I never opened my wallet again during the weekend..the missus bought the beers *-)

josie gibblebucket - 2009-09-28 10:07 PM

It was the first show we'd been to and we had a great time (well apart from dropping a whole can of baked beans on the floor of the van - very messy!) Have already drafted my letter to Santa for a Devon Provence!

........with removeable carpets, josie...........................?

David

Alas no, but the wonderful Darren from Bespoke Rugs who had a stand at the show, told us if we would meet him at his workshop the last evening of the show, he had a peice of carpet that he thought would be a good match and about the right size. We did, he whipped the edges for us and even allowed us to stay the night. I'm going to cut the old carpet out and get some vinyl laid instead, then put the new bit on top. He was so tired after the show, but went the extra mile and did the carpet for us just as he'd promised. I doubt that he made any profit on it, but hows that for excellent service? :-) :-)

cheetahdavie - 2009-09-29 12:24 AM

the Sales guy came in/asked me to leave/locked the doors and put up the "sold sign"

I never opened my wallet again during the weekend..the missus bought the beers *-)

It obviously wasn't meant to be. I'm convinced these things happen for a reason. You will find another, even better van soon! *-) *-)

davenewell@home - 2009-09-28 9:45 PM

Big Momma - 2009-09-28 9:13 PM

It was the season finale for the Warners shows, not for the motorhome trade in general. don't forget the NEC in two weeks time.

D.

Was looking at going to NEC before we saw the Malvern event. Depending on how we get on there will make our mind up as to whether we go to NEC.

• 2 weeks later...
Paul- - 2009-09-28 3:18 PM

davenewell@home - 2009-09-28 11:22 AM

snip

Wetherspoons may be cheaper but the beer ain't nothin' like York Brewery serve up. (snip ).

you could be right! it is nothing like what we were served up on Saturday night which is why most started drinking lager:-S

& Wetherspoons usually sell real ale at the perfect temperature for about £1.50 a pint for the benefit of their customers & not just to get rid of it.

(maybe thats why CAMRA sing there praises :-D )

Paul

Hi Paul

What beer was served up to you on Saturday.??? We had no complaints or reports of the beer not been up to our usual high standards.

I must admit we did start to run very short on the saturday.Thats why we got a replacement order from Tom woods so we could ensure beer was available for the Sunday.Even thought stocks were still low we still offered our usual £1.50 pint as a thank you for customer support. and not just to get rid,as there was very little left to get rid.

Saturday evening Yorkshire Terrier was not available not due to low stocks but I was not satisfied that it was not ready for serving and needed more time to condition.

I can assure you our beers are served at the correct temperature range

would be very interested to know at what outdoor event that weatherspoon operated bars.?????

Our aim is to offer quailty real ales at pub prices along with high standards of service.

Tony Smith

davenewell@home - 2009-10-09 7:27 AM

And apart from the bars closing at 5 pm >:-( >:-( you did very well Tony, I enjoyed every pint I had :D .

See you next year, D.

In edit: purely out of idle curiosity just how many gallons of beer do you guys shift over a show weekend?

D.

Thanks Dave.I will discuss with warners to see if we can poss operate the exhibition area bar on the wed eve. and after the exhibition trading hours

to accomadate the traders.

Depends on the show but we will average around 1,000 gallons of beer,lager and cider.

Takes a hell of a lot of planning and setting up.We do a 3 1/2 day set up

But enjoy it :-D

Hello Tony

It wasn't Yorkshire Terrier it was Guzzler that I had, I did try another IPA a stronger one, but couldn't get on with the sweet taste which it left.

The Wetherspoons bit was more a tongue in cheek comment, but it certainly would be interesting if they did outdoor events, they seem to have made their pubs credit crunch friendly,

Paul

Archived