The Great Motorway Secret

Guest neil whiting

Guest neil whiting
don,t know if anyone is interested at taking breaks at superstores that are just off the motorways instead of using services .You can save pounds on petrol and food .It is called the great motorway secret .It can be purchased off amazon for £6.99 + postage and packing .It has 95 stores listed like tesco ,sainsburys asda and morrisons. I have just received mine and the information is very good and i think it covers all motorways to .hope this information is somegood ,it all so has a web site www,thegreatmotorwaysecret.com

Guest Clive
I wonder if the information can be obtained via a download (free) as its good publicity for the major supermarkets I thought they would promote it?

Guest Mel E
Clive, probably worth 7 quid + p&p for a handy portable version that someone's put together. Reminds me that, years' ago, someone printed a small book telling you which doors on which london underground carriage to stand by depending on whether you wanted the exit or the interchange tunnel to another line. So you got yourself to the right place on the platform while waiting for the train and saved oodles of pushing-through-crowds-time at the other end. Magic. But it takes a special sort of mind to prepare the compendia!

Would neil whiting actuall be the originator of the book as well as this post? sounds like a bit of a plug to me.

Guest neil whiting
NO Mike i am not the originator of this book ,if you look at the web address i gave you all the information is there, i just thought it might be of interest to some of the people on this web site,but obviously not you ,clive knows who i am he helped me with my 12v system last year.

Can this be bought as a CD or 3.5 floppy? The idea is appealing, but there is a limit to how much space and weight on a motorhome can be devoted to reference books, however useful they may be.

All the supermarkets and very much more (e.g. petrol stations,restaurants, shops etc etc) are available from : www.pocketgps.co.uk/PocketGPSPOISync.php or just go to www.pocketgps.co.uk and follow the links. Alan

Guest Yorkshire Tyke
This info is available for FREE on my MS Autoroute CD. That I use for planning trips, Both at home in the UK and in Europe Supermarkets, Petrol stations, resteraunts, and a whole host of other info

Guest David
Good Question Brian, I wish i had known you could get it free. Actually I was offered a copy of Autoroute 2006 for free, but it did not have the GPS receiver. So spent my money instead. David

• 1 month later...
Now that Wallmart has taken over Asda do you think that we will be able to park overnight in Asda stores as all those lucky Americans do in Wallmart stores? Must be a good marketing ploy. First you have people entering stores which, as we all know, leads us into buying something. Secondly you have people around as a bit of a security extra. Works both ways as, if they are open 24 hours, they probably have a security presence. Who knows how to start the ball rolling then? Pat

Hi- It seems a great idea, untill the council are asked permission and then all hell would break loose with local residents and the dreaded planning departments all clammering to block any such idea, arr well it was a good idea...... Chas

Archived