New to motorhoming

ldenise286

We have got our new motorhome SEA new life 48 4000kg van now as am amazed how easy it is going from a caravan amazed how much we don't need to take now and almost feel naked and the time to load is dramatically shortened why did we not do this years ago?????? been on weighbridge done all weighting as advised front axle & back axle and overall loaded as fully laiden with all persons too as if we were going on a long trip is under weight amazed with it WOW now having to sell all the crap we used to take away with us sorry but am so shocked!!!!!!!!!

Denise

We only changed from a caravan just over a year ago. The garage has still got boxes of junk that came out of the caravan, never took the caravan to a weighbridge must have been well overweight & I suspect most caravanner's are.

Like you we felt naked the first few months, no full awing to hide us from the neighbours and numerous bits of kit that you must have with you that only get used one day a year.

Took us a while to get used to moving on rather than basing ourselves in one place now we have got used to it we rarely stay in one place for more than 2 nights. Would never go back to a caravan the Motorhome lifestyle is much better & easier.

Hi Denise,

We have just moved to a motorhome from a large twin axle caravan and I filled half of my garage with the contents of the van just before handover.

We've put all the essentials into the motorhome, yet we've still got a massive pile of stuff that we no longer need.

Sold on full & porch awnings, aqua roll, wastemaster, step etc.... yet I still can't get back in the garage.

Makes you wonder where it all came from... :-D

completely as always still very scary though giving list's to fellow caravanners of stuff left over rest will go on the fab e bay etc any one or anyone needing any caravan stuff please let me know and i.e why caravan when you can motorhome no i didn't say that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

denise

Motor homes are great, as long as you are able to cycle, or walk long distances. When you can't, you either have to park near to facilities , Towns ,villages or good transport links. we love Mh at the moment, but may have to change to a caravan, at some stage, as beging to need transport,(can't ride a bike) and don't see the point of towing a car, cheaper to tow a caravan, behind a car!!

PJay

PJay - 2009-09-26 12:40 AM

Motor homes are great, as long as you are able to cycle, or walk long distances. When you can't, you either have to park near to facilities , Towns ,villages or good transport links. we love Mh at the moment, but may have to change to a caravan, at some stage, as beging to need transport,(can't ride a bike) and don't see the point of towing a car, cheaper to tow a caravan, behind a car!!

PJay

Tried a caravan recently for much the same reasons but didn't get on with it - changed back to a panel van conversion and can still enjoy the motorhome life without any restrictions.

David

• 3 weeks later...

On & off we caravaned for 30+ years until we converted to to MotorHome 2 years ago.

Just the 2 of us now (our 4 grown up children gone their own way) so a High top van conversion does us fine - the freedom is brilliant - now can go anywhere at a drop of a hat.

I agree though - we did end up ditching an awful lot of useful (but rarely used) items.

Archived