Anyone want a Patterdale ... slightly 'damaged'?

Mel B

No - before anyone thinks I'm serious, I wouldn't part with her for the world! :D

But .... she and Romy have been in mischevious mode for a while now, pinching stuff, today one the little horrors had nicked a small tube of Movelat gel off the kitchen table - hubby had left it right in the centre supposedly out of their way but then left one of the chairs partially pulled out so we think Lily's used it to get up onto the table! We found the tube of gel still with it's contents but minus it's chewed off cap! Both dogs were fine, although rather sheepish, and they did get told off for pinching.

At teatime, after 'sulking' all afternoon and laying on the spare bed, Romy greated hubby as usual but Lily didn't move much, certainly not like her. After much examination, proding and poking, feeling for 'damage', we couldn't find anything wrong but she certainly wasn't a happy bunny and was walking a bit like she had a straight jacket on! Sooooo, a quick trip to the vet was in order and one anti-inflamatory jab later she's pottering a bit more normally and has been trying to have a play fights with Romy (which we've stopped!), especially since Romy's way of stopping Lily is to try to 'sit' on her! 8-)

We don't think she's actually 'eaten' any of the gel (fortunately it's not poisonous - the vet checked with the poisons lab) as her tummy isn't sore and her 'toiletage' is normal - so my guess is that she's pulled something when she jumped down off the kitchen table. She's eating normally which is a good sign so we just need to try to keep her from doing her usual mad runs around and 'beating' Romy up. *-)

I wonder .... does anyone actually HAVE a doggy straight jacket? :-S

my cousin in law has a rescue dog - damaged Patterdale, he was used in badger baiting and possibly dog fights

he has an incredibly gentle nature, but is a complete and absolute &%$&G

his nickname is Houdini, even manages to escape from his harness in the car, so the strait jacket probably wouldn't work either

I don't know why we bothered with the ruddy vet!!! The little madam has been acting like nothing was wrong at all! Friday she was up and around as normal, beating Romy up and wanting to go chasing the birds ... oh what fun to have a pitch at Lincoln right opposite the pond with all those lovely moorhens running around teasing her!!! *-)

Seriously though, I'm very pleased she's okay - she met some nice doggy friends and a few people too, she particularly liked a nice 'chubby' black labrador but wasn't too keen on a motorbike riding pug! It goes in a tank bag apparently! 8-)

Shame there are no more outdoor shows this year, they have a really nice atmosphere.

Imagine the scene this afternon, 9 y.o. comes up very excited.

"ow ow, I needed £15 their selling a realy nice rabbit"

My answer, "£15 for a rabbit's going to make a expensive stew, 20p buys a HMR bullit".

She sticks her bottom lip out in a very good imitation of her aunt and stalks off, I reacon her father owes me a pint. :D

Archived