ford warranty work wait

duetto owner

my new transit duetto came with cracks inside the gutter rails, been waiting a couple of months for ford to authorise the repair, are they always this slow?

anyone else had ford warranty problems, also the slidding door leaks water which grays of guildford said they would fix when the paintwork gets authorised.

Ring up the Ford Customer Services people. I had to speak to them about the registration date of my vehicle in relation to the warranty and they dealt with it immediately.

My guess is that everyone is waiting for the Ford technical representative to visit your garage to inspect the problem and authorise the work but it is possible your garage is not chasing the matter up.

I remember an acquaintance with a Ford-based Auto-Sleeper complaining how long it took to have an under-warranty repair authorised for a rusty cab-door sill.

Two months is too long to wait for this type of problem to be addressed and you need to insist that Ford get their skates on and authorise the repair immediately. Presumably a Ford dealer has already inspected your vehicle and concluded that the cracking is a Ford build-quality fault and nothing to do with the A-S conversion?

My Transit-based Hymer developed a persistent squeaking from the drive pulleys/belts soon after delivery. Ford in York inspected it and renewed both belts and pulleys immediately. They also did an instant fix on the 12volt sockets which had no power. I have found them to be efficient and professional.

Perhaps bodywork problems need approval from outside the agency, but, as suggested, I would push them hard on this, as it is obviously a build-quality problem.

Over many years (several decades actually) of Ford motoring I've always found the dealers to be prompt and efficient over Warranty issues.

In one isolated and recent case however - not concerning our m/home -Ford Customer Relations (hmmmm) became involved and the attitude of their customer relations operative (note lower case) was, frankly, appalling.

I warned CR and my excellent local Ford dealership that CR's treatment of us, if it persisted, would result in Ford losing our future private car business and sadly it did.

Maybe we were unlucky but I always prefer to deal locally, face to face.

Archived