laika ecovip 2.1

lee y70

just bought laika ecovip 2.1 on a 2.8 fiat ducato 2005 need a few questions answering when we got it i tried running tap no water came out checked on computer said tank 2 had water tank 1 empty it was late and dark so decided to leave it till next day. first thing i did was dump fresh water then refill checked computer said tank 1 full tank 2 empty tried tap water came out . problem is dont no how to access tank 2 . next problem is when you press central lock should this arm alarm it has sensors but alarm does not seem to work. also wondered if anyone had any joy fitting another 3 point seat belt on single forward facing seat any advice appreciated

Morning Lee & welcome.

Sounds like on your van tank 1 = fresh water, tank 2 = waste water. You should just see indicator levels as a % amount.

Also make sure that as you fill up your water tank, you open the hot water taps first. This will then enable the pump to prime the hot water system. I normally open the kitchen tap, follwed by wash basin tap then last of all the shower tap. Helps to clear any air bubbles in the hot water system as well.

Don't know about your specific alarm system. Maybe contact a Laika owners club, or speak to your local Iveco dealer.

Derek Uzzell, on this forum is also a wealth of info, maybe try and contact him.

I'm sure other Laika owners will be along to offer better advice.

Hope I was of help in the 1st instance.

Thai

Hello and welcome.

We have a 2002 Laika Ecovip 7.1 and have 2 waste tanks, 1 for the bathroom and 1 for the kitchen. They are both emptied from the same outlet although have separate pull handles (can't think of a better word for them). We only have 1 fresh water tank although on the control panel there is the option of having a 2nd one fitted.

Our alarm is a Sikura that works on all the opening doors, lockers and central locking, I think it was a retrofit, its a bloomin nuisance. We have been trying to get someone to run it through a diagnostic test but can't find anyone to do it except up in Le Touquet. We have been onto the manufacturers but no joy there.

Our layout is an L shaped lounge and on the forward facing double seat there is a 3 point seatbelt and a lap belt so can't help you with that one.

Forgot to say that there is a Laika Owners Club in the UK and also the young lady at Laika in Italy speaks excellent English and if you have any problems just email her on amigliorini@laika.it

thanks for replies tank 1 is freshwater, tank 2 is (optional) freshwater,tank 3 is grey water, tank 4 not sure . 1 and 3 working fine its tank 2 that i dont understand cant fill it or empty it im convinced when we got it tank 2 said one third full and when i pulled fresh water drain water definatly came from middle of van not from waste water pipe .

If it is like ours, when you release the drain plug on the Truma Water Heater the water drains through its own drain outlet in the middle of the van (underneath where the heater is sited).

Although tank 2 is optional freshwater and you think that there was water in there when you bought it you will have to have a look underneath to see how many tanks there are. We have a freshwater tank under one of the seats the optional one isn't fitted and then there are 2 waste tanks, one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom. These tanks are quite large so if you look under all seating and beds and any lockers you may have if you can't find another freshwater tank then the optional one wasn't fitted.

Logic dictates that if there is only one fresh water fill hole then if you filled this to capacity you would be able to see if there are both tanks available, because when one is full the overflow would go into the second tank.

Why don't you do what we did and email Laika for a brochure for your van, they are still available, they didn't charge us for ours.

Archived