What would you buy at a show but can't?

Mel B

With the myriad of products on sale at the various trade stands at shows, is there anything that you would like to be able to see for sale/buy but never see?

You can buy satellite systems, tv, other electrical goods (the guy with the Woolworth's goods seemed to do a roaring trade), awnings, bike racks, then smaller stuff like utensils, shoes, clothing, etc (not the mention toffee vodka :D - only bettered by orange vodka - not quite as sweet!), but I just wonder what's missing? Is there anything you'd like to be able to get too?

Not sure about the stall selling the 'health' cubicle things that looked like saunas ... they even had a sign up saying they were NOT saunas! 8-)

Oh, and the stall selling the massage 'beds' ... with the punters trying them out, it looked like an anatomy lab with a load of cadavas!!! :D

Mel B - 2009-09-29 8:35 PM

With the myriad of products on sale at the various trade stands at shows, is there anything that you would like to be able to see for sale/buy but never see?

:D

Hows about an X250 with the appropriate reverse gear ratio?

josie gibblebucket - 2009-09-29 9:41 PM

A set of wheels to attach to toilet cassette. Its heavy to carry if the disposal point is some distance away. I have seen one or two people with them, but have never seen them for sale.

We went all the way to the Western show at Malvern a couple of weeks ago looking for a set of wheels for our cassette and a few other things, came away with nothing!

Went to Towsure in Halesowen and picked up one of these Trolleys and its fantastic.

It's the answer to all your problems Josie!

Keith.

josie gibblebucket - 2009-09-29 9:41 PM

A set of wheels to attach to toilet cassette. Its heavy to carry if the disposal point is some distance away. I have seen one or two people with them, but have never seen them for sale.

Hi Josie,

we bought a folding barrow at last years NEC, around £5.00 (on the Sunday afternoon) previously just under a £10.00.

I am fairly sure you can't fit wheels to the earlier toilet cassettes, the Thetford new models are the ones you will have seen with integral wheels.

J9withdogs - 2009-09-29 10:07 PM

I use a suitcase trolley for my cassette. It folds up really small too.

Now a folding cassette - that would be handy as a spare when not using sites and the loo gets a bit full!

J9withdogs - 2009-09-30 2:59 PM

Tracker - 2009-09-30 2:11 PM

J9withdogs - 2009-09-29 10:07 PM

I use a suitcase trolley for my cassette. It folds up really small too.

Now a folding cassette - that would be handy as a spare when not using sites and the loo gets a bit full!

I've already got one of those!

folding loo

Also known as a 'bucket and chucket set'?

The Towsure and the Ebay one are the same thing - we already had one (got it free when we bought a load of beer some years back on the Hull/Zebrugge ferry).

We actually bought a second one at the Lincoln show for £5 second hand on one of the stalls, although another stall was selling them brand new for either £8 or £10. They do go quite small and have the bungy straps on and have 2 metal supports that fold out on the base to extend it's size by two-thirds so your cassette can be carried totally flat if necessary to save it toppling off.

We're going to use them, adapted of course, for moving our inflatable canoes around, both when deflated and inflated ... if you see a couple dragging around 2 great orange 'bananas' ... its us! :D

Our van needs a fishing lake whereas our neighbour's van needs a full size snooker table and our friends van needs a 9 hole golf course - but unfortunately none of these are yet available at shows - unless you know different?

Speaking of cooking tea Mel.......................a few years ago at York show a guy was selling spit roasted chickens and he had a queue constantly. We bought one for tea and they were delicious. Never seen him or a similar stall again. Yes I know you can buy Southern Fried portions etc but this enabled you to go back to your van and have a proper roast dinner without much time or trouble.

Pam

Archived