Re tuning freeview tv

josie gibblebucket

Thought we had managed to re-tune ok yesterday. Everything still works, even have a couple of channels we didn't have before. Today the notice came up on the screen again telling us we need to re tune! Is the message just being broadcast automatically to everyone, or does this mean I haven't done it properly. Sorry I'm a bit of a technophobe! :-( :-(

Guest Tracker

We retuned yesterday and lost all BBC channels - now some might say lucky us - but having paid me bloomin' license I demand the right not to watch all the repeats - so we retuned a few minutes later and back they all came - jus' like that!

Still getting the notice to retune so can only assume that some silly sausage has forgotten to switch it off or it is being left on screen so that those who only watch TV once a fortnight will still see the message?

As retuning wipes out the favourites in the profile and does not add any worthwhile channels I don't intend to retune the retuned version of an already retuned TV yet again!

Guest Tracker
Rapido-lass - 2009-10-02 8:48 AM

I re-tuned only to find that I also got the message again and thought I hadn't done it properly.

I think the message is being left on for a while incase people are away and haven't realised it needs doing.

Bearing in mind that the bulk of this country's population have difficulty stringing together more than three words at a time in conversation unless they are texting abbreviated words I think maybe we can expect this notice to be around for months yet - although maybe using words of four letters or less might help - and no doubt the PC brigade will soon have it translated into the other 57 languages that all benefits claims forms - but not tax or VAT returns - are written in?

Archived