Olympic Games

starvin marvin

I'm sat here listening to the radio speculating on whether the 2016 games will be either Madrid or Rio. It occurred to me that I've not yet sorted out the best place to go to avoid the 2012 London games. It makes me go cold when I think of the wall to wall coverage we will be subjected to.

Outer Hebrides perhaps?

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2009-10-02 6:52 PM

I'm looking forward to 2012..and it will be nice to watch everything in 'real-time'.

Preferably from a seaside Aire in France!

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2009-10-02 7:17 PM

Tracker - 2009-10-02 6:57 PM

I'm looking forward to 2012..and it will be nice to watch everything in 'real-time'.

Not everyone is as fortunate as you, Rich.

Sorry Janine - didn't intend to upset you - but when you are as old as wot I are you too will have your freedom to roam with any luck - I trust.

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2009-10-02 11:00 PM

No upset, Rich, I wish I could have the freedom (lol)

So did I when I were your age lass - but as it was I had to wait until I was almost 55 before being able to say goodbye to full time work and getting on the being a full time loafer - which by the way is definitely my best ever career move!

Mind you although the pay is regular it ain't fantastic - but the boss is no problem - and the hours can be very long some weeks.

It's a tough choice but someone has to do it!

Tracker - 2009-10-02 6:57 PM

Thats an idea, the French being a bit miffed by not getting the games may not be showing too much of it on the cafes/bars tellies. All that huffing and puffing, its not nice to see, speaking as another professional loafer and layabout. Must get a bit of shut eye all this typing and thinking of those drug crazed lunatics dashing about is making me tired zzzzzzz.

starvin marvin - 2009-10-02 6:40 PM It occurred to me that I've not yet sorted out the best place to go to avoid the 2012 London games. It makes me go cold when I think of the wall to wall coverage we will be subjected to. Outer Hebrides perhaps?

I'm with you on this one, but as it's been decided that Rio will be the venue (Obviously had the bigger bribes) I am hoping the time difference will make it harder for European TV to flood our screens.

On the assumption I'm still around for London 2012 then hopefully I'll be camped by the river Dronne in the Bordaux region of France with our two dogs and probably no TV or radio

Tracker - 2009-10-03 11:17 AM

J9withdogs - 2009-10-02 11:00 PM

No upset, Rich, I wish I could have the freedom (lol)

So did I when I were your age lass - but as it was I had to wait until I was almost 55 before being able to say goodbye to full time work and getting on the being a full time loafer - which by the way is definitely my best ever career move!

Mind you although the pay is regular it ain't fantastic - but the boss is no problem - and the hours can be very long some weeks.

It's a tough choice but someone has to do it!

Shhhhh .... don't tell everyone but .... I'm 'retiring' at Christmas! :-> Hubby's managed to convince work that they don't need him and has put in for severance whcih has been agreed to so he's getting a nice little nest egg as a Chrimbo pressie. I've asked but I don't hold out much hope (indispensible! :D), but I'm definitely going whatever happens ... no way is he going to be a 'kept man'!!!!! (lol) After all these years of planning I can hardly believe it ... I'm sure it'll come soon enough though and we've got lots of stuff to sort out between now and then. Just gotta decide what we're doing come January ... a nice winter holiday may be called for ... B-)

Guest Tracker
May I be the first to wish you both every happiness in a long and healthy life of loafing Mel - and may all of your troubles be minor and not be gearbox related!

Archived