Long Stay Travel Insurance

starvin marvin

This thread was on last week, and I promised to get back with some

information, but guess what, the search facility isn't up to the job again!!

However, the best I've found with the help of the Which mag is Atlas Direct Gold 0844 482 3400 £45.68 for 2 adults aged 60 to 65 for 31 days, annual multi trip, they do 45 and 60 days for a bit more. If you want longer I tried for up to 100 days and the cost would be £74.02 for a single trip policy, you do need to have a return ticket!!. Pre-existing medical conditions need to be declared.

Trust this helps whoever asked.

starvin marvin - 2009-10-05 3:33 PM

However, the best I've found with the help of the Which mag is Atlas Direct Gold 0844 482 3400 £45.68 for 2 adults aged 60 to 65 for 31 days, annual multi trip, they do 45 and 60 days for a bit more. If you want longer I tried for up to 100 days and the cost would be £74.02 for a single trip policy, you do need to have a return ticket!!. Pre-existing medical conditions need to be declared.

Thanks for the info, it was worth a try, but it wouldn't give me a quote on line, for an annual policy for two people aged 65.

Many of the others that I've tried would only provide cover for a 31 days for a single trip!

FREEWHEELER

Freewheeler - 2009-10-05 4:59 PM

Thanks for the info, it was worth a try, but it wouldn't give me a quote on line, for an annual policy for two people aged 65.

Many of the others that I've tried would only provide cover for a 31 days for a single trip!

FREEWHEELER

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but why didn't you ring them? I'm never really happy dealing online for these types of products.

starvin marvin - 2009-10-05 6:57 PM

Freewheeler - 2009-10-05 4:59 PM

FREEWHEELER

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but why didn't you ring them? I'm never really happy dealing online for these types of products.

If I rang every insurance company, then the cost would be considerable, apart from the time taken to give all my details.

It seems that 65 is the age that puts us into a different catagory for travel insurance, also existing medical conditions don't help.

FREEWHEELER

We have travel insurance with our barclays account. It is worldwide up to 80yrs old and up to 90 days away at any one time. Lots of other things included like green flag, airport lounge access, will writing service etc.etc.

Maybe worth looking onto.

Sooty

Archived