Roller Team Issues

Bojitoes

Hi,

We have had a Roller team for nearly 3 years now and only had a few warranty problems, always sorted as soon as possible. Did have a few problems when the floods happened in Grimsby and they lost alot of the stock and had to wait for a fresh lot to come in from Italy.

I think as usual it will be down to your dealer, it seems good or bad that is what people are stuck with. You could try ringing Geoff Cox's to find out if what you are being told is correct, unless of course that's who your dealer is but I would be very surprised if it was.

Best of Luck

Mandy

Hi again

Problems

1: Kitchen drawer keeps flying out, roundabouts , even at slow speed, a particular problem. masking tape tends to detract from the overall appearance.

2: Converse problem, kitchen cupboard underneath stuck in closed position with essential needs inside. I had to remove drawer then position a mirror to undo the screws holding the lock in place to open cupboard.Once opened lock extremely difficult to open.

3: Rear fanlight flaps due to the plastic cam holding the metal arm in place having either broken or continually working itself loose.

Motorhome brand new, delivered in April but nearest distributor, 45 miles away, wanted £25 to cover admin cost for warranty repair. Our dealer, 95 miles away would repair FOC.

Situation now, hopefully, resolved but only after irate phone calls - not the way I prefer to spend my retirement.

I will get off my soap box now

Regards & Thanks

I think if those are your only problems you have got off lightly compared to many of us. It is a pain that you can't just go to any dealer as in the car world. We have bought previously far away (200 miles) and bitterly regretted it. If we buy another van we will make sure the dealer is local.

Bojites, which model Roller Team do you have?

I don't have any such problems but mine is due for first service (75 miles away) so I would like to double check these items if they are the same as mine.

Think I'll double check anyway once I feel a bit better!

Hi Emmbeedee

Model is Roller Team 500 on Ford Transit 2200 as yours. We have driven 4500 miles since the end of April and am really very pleased with our purchase, its just these little things that irritate and which should be so easy to put right without making a volcano out of a molehill.

Regards

Bojitoes

Bojitoes - 2009-10-08 9:59 PM

Motorhome brand new, delivered in April but nearest distributor, 45 miles away, wanted £25 to cover admin cost for warranty repair. Our dealer, 95 miles away would repair FOC.

Situation now, hopefully, resolved but only after irate phone calls - not the way I prefer to spend my retirement.

I will get off my soap box now

Regards & Thanks

If you are not prepared to take the van back to the dealer you purchased from why did you buy from one so far away?

With a Motorhome conversion your contract/warranty is with the supplying dealer, it is only the car industry that operates a pan European warranty that allows you to take the vehicle to any dealer for warranty repairs, although some Motorhome converters are more amenable than others.

I brought my Hymer in Belgium and any problems I take it back to the dealer in Belgium, Ok it means a trip of 185 miles each way and a ferry crossing but on the other hand I saved 10k on the purchase price.

I assume you brought from a dealer 95 miles away because they were cheaper than the one 45 miles away, why should the nearer one fix it when he did not get the profit from the sale & dealers get reduced labour rates for warranty work.

Hi Lenny

An excellent question and also informative to newcomers to motor homing. We did not appreciate until last week that our warranty was not with the manufacturers, even though we have a little CI warranty booklet. When we purchased the van at the NEC in February we were assured that because we were buying from an international manufacturer we would have no difficulty if anything went wrong during the warranty period in getting it fixed wherever we were, this applied to both the Ford Chassis and engine and the Roller team cabin. So a word to the wise for anyone intending to buy at the show next week, only to buy from distributors whom you can easily & economically reach

Thanks for your help

Bojitoes

Interesting, we bought ours at the October NEC show last year & visited what was badged as the Roller Team stand. The large banner over the stand was "Roller Team". Only after commencing the ordering process did we discover that the stand was, in fact, from Davan Caravans in Weston-super-Mare. Not a big problem for us, straight down the M5 for about 70 miles. But if we had have some of the problems & poor build quality suffered by others on here, I can see it would have been a pain.

As it happens, build quality has been excellent & the (very) few minor problems have been swiftly & satisfactorily dealt with by Davan. Biggest problem was the Fiamma door grab/security handle fitted as an extra. This jammed shut a few times & was replaced by Davan.

In any case, I think the nearest (in distance) Roller Team dealer to us is up in Derbyshire, which might not be the closest in terms of time, given the convenience of Davan being so near to the M5.

One thing I'm not too happy about is that I had some questions which I e-mailed to Roller Team. No response, so I e-mailed a chaser. Still no response, so guess I'll have to 'phone them next week.

Now advised that the motor home cannot be booked in for a couple of weeks and as we head off for a 10 day trip on thursday it means we will have to live with the problems whilst we are away. We are going to the NEC on tuesday so i will buttonhole anyone connected with CI or any of the distributors concerned to let them know my feelings.

Bojitoes

Archived