User Signatures?

Elijay

Guest Tracker

It's called freedom of expression - I think - and signatures enable us to pretend that we are brighter than we really are by making some profound or witty statement after every posting!

Some signatures make me smile as I wish that I had thought them up and others are rather pointless with the majority falling somewhere in between

Emoticons also enable some people to be as rude as they like but then pass it off as humour by adding a smiley.

The theory being that the more smileys they add the more humorous the rest of us are meant to see it as. I don't subscribe to that view!

Similarly an avotar enables some of us to show how clever we are with picture acquisition and manipulation as well as sometimes being an interesting insight into the personality of the poster!

Just be yourself and post whatever you are comfortable with!

alan - 2009-10-08 7:24 PM

Tracker - beautifully stated and, as you say,

there are no right or wrong ways - just different!

Alan

Have you ever tried to tighten a right hand drive screw by turning it anti-clockwise ?

There's only one right way- isn't there ?

;-) ;-)

Alan

Have you ever tried to tighten a right hand drive screw by turning it anti-clockwise ?

;-) ;-)

Guest Tracker
malc d - 2009-10-08 7:40 PM

Alan

;-) ;-)

Quite so Malc but quite why you felt the need to state it twice it twice I don't know - unless one posting was meant to be right handed and the other left handed - or does the left hand know - or indeed need to know - what the right hand is doing?

Now here's an admission - after over 50 years of doing it - no not that - I still sometimes try to disconnect a Calor gas bottle by turning the spanner the wrong way and tightening it further whilst wondering who could possibly of done it up that tight in the first place - and this in spite of painting a direction to undo arrow on the spanner head!

The burning question is - does anyone else do this or am I the only one?

Archived