POIs & PDFs

tonyishuk

Does anyone keep POIs linked to PDFs on Autoroute or Mapoint (Campsites and/or places of interest to visit, UK & France) ?

I thought I had a virus problem, but it turned out that my hard list was losing blocks over a period of time and my backup software has been recording the lost blocks as part of the files structure and not reporting a problem.

As`a result I have "perforated backups" which I cannot restore.

Rgds

Ooops It seems to have lost a paragraph !

tonyishuk - 2009-10-10 10:30 AM

Does anyone keep POIs linked to PDFs on Autoroute or Mapoint (Campsites and/or places of interest to visit, UK & France) ?

That I could beg, borrow or copy ?

I scan details from magazines into pdf files to store on a laptop and use a hyperlink to a Pinpoint in Autoroute 2007 to mark the area / campsite etc.

When travelling we have a compendium of campsites and attractions.

Unfortunately I have lost a lot of the information as the backups have failed.

I thought I had a virus problem, but it turned out that my hard disc was losing data blocks over a period of time and my backup software has been recording the lost blocks as part of the files structure and not reporting a problem.

As`a result I have "perforated backups" which I cannot restore.

Rgds

Makes a little more sense (I hope) :$

That makes a little more sense now, thanks.

So, as I understand it, you create documents in a PDF format and have embedded within those articles pinpoints to areas which you can see in AutoRoute?

Hmmm, can't help with that I'm afraid.

I have lots of POIs for TomTom and varoius AXE files for AutoRoute but nothing like you describe.

Sorreeee

it turned out that my hard list was losing blocks over a period of time

I can't help with the data itself, I'm afraid, but I've had similar disc problems. I invested in a copy of SpinRite, which helped recover some data and isolated troublesome sectors so the problem didn't recur.

It's not cheap but, because mine was work data, it was worth it for me. See here -- http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm .

Roger

RogerGW - 2009-10-17 2:49 AM

it turned out that my hard list was losing blocks over a period of time

I can't help with the data itself, I'm afraid, but I've had similar disc problems. I invested in a copy of SpinRite, which helped recover some data and isolated troublesome sectors so the problem didn't recur.

It's not cheap but, because mine was work data, it was worth it for me. See here -- http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm .

Roger

Where are you Roger to be posting at 2:49 AM ??? You must be a night person.

Roy Fuller

Archived