NEC Show Muli Person tickets

Tomo3090

Just a quick warning to anyone who has bought tickets for themselves and friends through the official ticket office for the show. ALL the tickets will be in your name and so when your friends come to get in, if they aren't with you to explain that you bought them for them, they might not get in! The tickets say on them that they are not transferable and are the property of the named person.

We have just discover this because I bought day passes for us and two multi day passes for our friends who are staying for the week-end. My friends phoned to check what happened when he got there because the tickets didn't have his name on them and he was told he wouldn't get in.

I phoned the ticket office to ask for clarification and was told that I had to either be with them, or write a letter for them to carry explaining the reasons why they have tickets without their name on them. They checked up in their literature and they apologised for the mistaken information given to my friend and said "Don't worry they are supposed to know this can be allowed at the ticket office!"

What's the betting "they" don't?

So just be aware for yourselves.

I was thinking that, there is a bar code on the ticket, but unreasonable that you should have to prove that you are the named ticket holder.

Mind you it makes me laugh when you do something over the phone, and ask if your the policy holder etc, do they have lie detectors?

Pete

Yes you have to provide proof of identity along with the printed internet receipt for the day passes. If you have a multi day "Freedom Pass" you need the i.d PLUS a passport sized photo of the ticket holder affixed to the green pass card.

If you have had the tickets through the post then I think you're OK but I don't know for sure, so it might be best to check up

Archived