Wifi

hymer1942

hymer1942 - 2009-10-11 9:54 PM

Why I did not find it funny is, someone does what Judge did and it turns the thread into a joke when asking a serious question, surely jokes are for chatterbox, this is not the first time for me.

Looks like you were spot on Judge.

I don't want to be picky but that dish looks like it may be the wrong frequency for wifi & I might have a payload problem.

The question ought to be not "Is it funny"" but "Is it appropriate?"

It probably was funny but I have some sympathy with the original poster who, when asking a serious question, finds his thread turned into one big joke by the usual suspects whose main aim in life seems to be to prove how witty they are.

As has been said, Chatterbox is the place for those who want to show their penchant for comedy (me included) but when someone asks a sensible question, he deserves sensible answers.

Edited to say - of 28 posts so far in this thread, only 11 are serious ones about the topic in hand. 17 are attempts at humour or about the humour.

Philman - 2009-10-11 10:04 PM

Possibly if BT operate in Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland and France. :-D

Phil.

Most unlikely, the only explanation is that some foreign ISP's may allow connection through a 3rd party mail server, certainly does not apply in the UK.

hymer1942 - 2009-10-11 12:56 PM

I have a Fujitsu/Siemens laptop. I have heard some talk about a device/ areial which can increase the range for hotspots, can anyone tell me what I need to buy.

I have been researching this & if I decided to get one, then I'd probably go for something like this:

http://www.faculty-x.net/su2410-usb.htm

My criteria would be:

USB connection to laptop

Decent range

Directional - more of a pain to set up, but maybe more efficient than omni directional, as per TV aeriels?

Not too cumbersome

I've been looking for a 'real world' motorhomer's review, but haven't found one yet

I have a Fujitsu/Siemens laptop. I have heard some talk about a device/ areial which can increase the range for hotspots, can anyone tell me what I need to buy.

I have been researching this & if I decided to get one, then I'd probably go for something like this:

My criteria would be:

USB connection to laptop

Decent range

Directional - more of a pain to set up, but maybe more efficient than omni directional, as per TV aeriels?

Not too cumbersome

I've been looking for a 'real world' motorhomer's review, but haven't found one yet

johngee - 2009-10-12 8:26 AM

Now that looks very interesting, even more than the one that Phil pointed out,thanks for that Johngee will give it serious consideration. Thanks to all for the information. Barrie.

My criteria would be:

USB connection to laptop

Decent range

Not too cumbersome

Archived