HELP!!!!!

JayM

We are going over to France again in 4 weeks time,yippee!!

The problem is there seems to be only a handful of sites open.

Could any of you wonderful people tell us of any sites that are open in the Normandy area?

We only want to travel approx 200 miles at most and possibly along the coast.

We are going on 14th Nov and coming back on the 21st Nov and would prefer a campsite. Thankyou all. We love France!!

John and Mary

rupert123 - 2009-10-12 10:43 PM

A quick look in the C.C. book Europe 1 lists a good number of sites open in Normandy and Brittany all year. To many to list can only suggest you try and obtain a copy.

Thanks Rupert, I think I should have refined my plea. We have got the Alan Rogers FRANCE book of campsites and in there are a couple of sites, I will probably phone them to confirm they are open, but I didn't really want that hassle, concidering I've just got back and I didn't even book one site - which was brilliant.

What I need to know, has anyone got direct knowledge of a good one in the region or are there that many in the area I don't need to worry.

Thanks again Rupert if I need to buy another book or two I will,as I did from previous peoples suggestions. I am hoping for a bit of personal experience first.

John and Mary

Listen to the "lass."

I know you said you'd prefer a campsite, and there can be lots of good reasons for that, but I wonder if you've considered the other options you have as a "camping-cariste."

Most Aires are open all year round, or you could join France Passion.

(Note about FP: although membership running Easter to Easter doesn't sound good value at this time of year, lots of Brits only go over to France for one trip a year, so it doesn't really matter, from a value-for-money point of view, when that is!)

Guest JudgeMental
Solwaybuggier - 2009-10-13 10:15 AM

The other useful thing about the CC book (Europe Vol1 - France Spain Portugal) is the map shows sites open all year in red. From a quick glance there's a fair scattering along your route.

I agree with others about aires though - particularly if you look for ones with hookup.

have just ordered V 1&2 2009 via Amazon 24.99 for both. free postage and they have apparently just removed 24 million pounds worth of business from the post office in favour of private companies due to the industrial action *-)

Given your criteria of no more than 200 miles and coast I can only see three sites on the CC handbook. Cannot vouch for any of them but they are as follows, working westwards:

Criel sur Mer (which is just west of Le Treport); the camping municipal (2km N of the village) should be open (camping.criel@wanadoo.fr).

Ranville (6km south of Ouistreham and near Pegasus Bridge); the Camping des Capucines should be open.

Martigny (8km south-east of Bayeaux); there is a farm site at Manoir de l'Abbeye (yvette.godfroy@libertysurf.fr)

Otherwise as others have pointed out you will have a better choice if you look for aires. Look on www.campingcars-info.com

Have fun

Colin

Archived