London

Eliza Doolittle

Hi

I am thinking of going to London for a weekend break (I have a big birthday coming up in November!!!)

Can anybody recommend a good site with easy access into London.

I have two small children, both under two, so a site with easy access into the City is definitely required.

Thanks everybody.

Eliza

Hi Eliza

The most obvious site that most people will come back with, is the caravan club's Crystal Palace site. You can still use it if you are not a member, but you may have problems at weekends with members already filling it up.

From there you can get a daily bus pass for about £3.75 each and free I think for the little ones . With that ticket and a london transport map you can go all over central London seeing any number of the sights, and hopping on and off the buses at will. Other than the big museums the best value in town.

The two clubs have other sites in London but IMHO none are as convenient as Crystal Palace.

Even using that site which is I believe the closest to the centre it will be long days for two under 2's

Crystal Palace and Abbey Wood are both great sites for london and you can use them as non members too and they are close to rail and bus links, buy a family ticket for the trains and you can use it on the Light Railway ,busses and Underground, Be aware that you Vehicle may fall foul of the Emission Zone payment so check it out on the web before you go ,have fun London is a great place to visit . *-) *-)

Archived