Sea France Susended sailings

Randonneur

You may not be aware that SeaFrance are in big financial trouble. The industrial action is all part of the ongoing shennanigans between unions and management over the restructuring of the company.

Word is that they could go into administration within a matter of weeks.

Hubby got an email from them today:

Winter fares from just £19*

Our Autumn special fare means you can travel Dover to Calais from just £19* each way for your car and up to 5 passengers.

And, with such fantastic value, you’ll have more to spend enjoying yourself on the other side of the Channel.

Your offer code for 2 discount each way is - BVP20092.

Guest JudgeMental
Molls-Phot - 2009-10-14 5:54 PM

You may not be aware that SeaFrance are in big financial trouble.

QUOTE]

your telling me......They wanted nearly £400 for a 3 return carnet today

I got the same e-mail as Mel's hubby.

In view of the uncertainty, I thought to myself, "Who better to ask?"

So I've just rung Seafrance, not really expecting to get anywhere.

Surprise, surprise - I must have got someone who didn't have the official script handy. The chap who answered said:

"We're all hoping we'll still be here, but I understand that if the worst comes to the worst there's a company standing by to take over the sailings."

I'm sure he wasn't supposed to say that, but it does suggest very strongly that they know there are problems beyond this weekend!

I think I'd rather trrust my credit card cover than the goodwill of another company, but if someone DOES take it on, so much the better - I got a good price, which I'd quite like someone to honour!. Let's wait and see.

I have just returned from holiday yesterday by SeaFrance and they were only operating 2 of their ferries, in effect every other sailing was cancelled. We had to wait 2 hours for the next one as one was just leaving as we were booking in.

Can't complain though as we had arrived 4 hours before our booked sailing. This was our third return on this year's Carnet, apart from the low cost the beauty is being able to arrive any day at any time, except holiday weekends, and not have to pay any supplements. I really hope they don't cancel the scheme.

Phil.

Bit off thread this but I am reading that Norfolk line are cheaper for ferry crossings than Sea France, well if they are I can't find them as Sea France comes up cheaper every time , maybe there is a search engine I don't know about, if so what is it please. *-) *-)

vindiboy - 2009-10-15 1:52 PM

Bit off thread this but I am reading that Norfolk line are cheaper for ferry crossings than Sea France, well if they are I can't find them as Sea France comes up cheaper every time , maybe there is a search engine I don't know about, if so what is it please. *-) *-)

There is supposed to be a code you can use with Norfolk Lines (TEF04) but I don't know how or where you use it. Also Caravan Club had some special offers starting from £19 each way, used one last crossing.

Bas

For info ..

Just about to book 2 return crossings (MH <6m) for next year @ £42 each (June and September) using booking codes on a leaflet available at the Norfolk Line stand at the NEC.

Archived