Fiat 3ltr Comfortmatic weight

Meadows Engine

Hi does any body out there know the difference in weight between the

Fiat Ducato 160 multijet 3 ltr fitted with the manual gear box and the same engine fitted with the Comfortmatic automatic system?

I understand the 160 is about 50kg heavier than the 120/130 Multijet, but believe this is just for the manual, how much extra does the automatic increase this by?

I have tried the obvious scources but drawn a blank.

According to a Frankia options list I have the larger engine adds 50 kg and the comfortmatic 17 kg.

Perhaps I should also say - for what it's worth - that if you're considering this transmission as an "insurance" against the dreaded clutch judder; the chap I spoke to on the Fiat stand at the NEC said the relatively low number of auto boxes out there means it would not be right to assume that the absence of any reported problems (at present) means these units are "judder proof".

V

Vernon B - 2009-10-19 4:12 PM

According to a Frankia options list I have the larger engine adds 50 kg and the comfortmatic 17 kg.

Perhaps I should also say - for what it's worth - that if you're considering this transmission as an "insurance" against the dreaded clutch judder; the chap I spoke to on the Fiat stand at the NEC said the relatively low number of auto boxes out there means it would not be right to assume that the absence of any reported problems (at present) means these units are "judder proof".

V

But on the contrary - in the interest of a balnanced view - anyone with direct experience of the Comfortmatic box who has made any comment (including Andy Stothert) has reported favourably on the absence of judder and how good the system is.

David

That's interesting that Fiat are changing their tune. When I spoke to them they had only heard of a few cases of judder on the 2.3. Totally disingenuous!!!!

I have purchased a Fiat on the Comfortmatic but will not receive it until next March. I have not heard of a single judder on the auto box and those that have them speak favourably. There are quite a few out there.

Many thanks to Vernon B for the info and prompt reply, I can now look a little closer at my available payload

Regarding the "judder" that seems to have crept into this thread, I can only say that my co-driver wife and I have done 8000+ miles since February in France, Spain and the UK with no problems and confirm it goes up leveling ramps forward or backwards with ease and good control.

I agree with Roger Salts informative artical in Octobers MMM which also seems to back up Andy's findings

All in all a very pleasant vehicle to tour in

thanks for all your comments

John

Archived