Reversing aids

Coachman

Guest Tracker

Having used bleeping reversing sensors, both with and without a flashing screen, and reversing cameras I can say with much certainty that reversing sensors can be unreliable in detection of obstacles as well as misleading in their distance and I find the noisy bleeps and flashing screens extremely irritating.

On the other hand a camera is silent and, once you get the hang of the minor wide angle lens distortion, totally dependable allowing me to safely and accurately reverse to within an inch of any obstacle.

MMM reports on testing reverse camera systems this month, which may help - we were told at the NEC that sensors would pick up even a bump on the grass so eyes are better than ears for us - especially as OH has selective hearing problems!..... *-)

catinou - 2009-10-21 11:36 AM

MMM reports on testing reverse camera systems this month, which may help - we were told at the NEC that sensors would pick up even a bump on the grass so eyes are better than ears for us - especially as OH has selective hearing problems!..... *-)

Jenny

Know what you mean, my OH has the same problem (thinkit's a husband thing)

Pauline

I have had front and rear sensors wired up to the leisure batteries with manual switching, in addition to the reversing camera which was a standard fitting. Advantages are I can use them if I feel a need to and I can use them as an additional security alarm if parked up in an isolated spot at night. Always at risk of false alarms from animals in the early hours of course but it hasn`t happened yet.

Roy Fuller

Archived