Buses and dogs in Devon?

le canichot depang

Must confess I have never seen a dog on a bus in Devon or even in a queue, which would rather suggest the answer might be no. If you do not get any joy finding out if you pm me and I will check for you. I only live 5 mins walk from the main bus station in Exeter.

Roy Fuller

I take my cocker spaniel on buses & trains. She does not need a ticket.

She just settles down on the floor & sleeps.

Couldn't find any definite answers when I was looking for what was allowed. Just found common sense things like - not on seats, not a pack etc.

Not been on the Devon buses, but never had a problem when we've wanted to take our dogs on them. When we were in London a few years back, we took our dogs on the bus from Crystal Palace campsite, not a problem. On the way back it was very full though as it was just after everyone had left work. We were fortunate to be able to get seats and had to put our dogs on our knees ... fortunately they were smallish and one, Midge, took great delight in practicing his 'levitating' to try to get the chips that the kid opposite was eating .. he also did his "poor little starving dog" impressions but to no avail ... they're a tough bunch down there!!! :D

Archived