NEC - Rear Electric Bed

TrosleyBoy

Hello everyone,

I hope this doesn’t sound like a daft question but having returned from the NEC MH show I think I’ve found my dream MH. The only trouble is I was so bamboozled by all the MH's I saw (it was my first visit) that I can’t remember the make and model of it - as it was one of the first MH I saw. Hopefully somebody who went (or knows about the new 2010 models ) will be able to help me out.

So here goes........ It’s a coach built. Its unique feature is that it had a U shape REAR dining area with a double bed stored in the roof above it. When evening arrives you press a button by the door and the double bed lowers itself effortlessly from the ceiling to about 3.5ft from the floor. Nothing in the dinning area needs to be moved. I think there were a couple of models in this range with this feature. I’ve searched and searched on the web and can find no mention of this MH.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

If no one comes up with a model maybe a bit of detective work, do you remember which entrance you used? as it was first you saw was it near that?

An electric lift on pull down sounds unusual most have gas rams and you just give them a tug.

Are you sure the layout is what you want? often the pulldowns are over lounge, when pulled down this leaves lounge and galley area usable when bed is down, the layout you describe seems to mean the galley will be out of use, o.k. if all ocupants arise at same time but a bugger if one gets up early for a cup of tea and other wants to sleep in.

I may be up the wrong tree here.

On the Marquis stand, we were in one of the Merc based vans with twin rear beds. They had a lead coming out of the bed and we assumed that it was to adjust the bed. I know its not the same thing as you are asking but may be worth quizzing them.

HTH

Stuart

Guest JudgeMental

sorry cant help with search.

At Düsseldorf show in 2006 there was a Challenger motorhome with an electric rear bed above garage, which could be used in both high and low position, you just pressed a button. I thought this a good solution as some rear beds can be claustrophobic.

Frankias have electric beds on the luxury class and as an option on the others. They also have the duo bed as an option on the "C" class where the bed comes out of the luton and drops down to seat backrest height on electric motors.

There is an American - the Safari Treck- which has a bed sited above the front lounge which has electric motors and guide rails on the wall which bring the bed down to seat height.

Don't know if it was either of these makes you saw but hope it helps

I have the 2010 Pilote brochure although it is the French version the only Aventura I can find is A656 UA - Lit Pavillion Electrique. This shows a U shaped rear lounge and a bed at the front. There is also P626 UA same Lit Pavillion Electrique but the rear lounge does not look U shaped, this one doesn't show where the bed is.

Have a look at those 2 models on Pilote's website to see if either of them is the one.

It certainly was on the Pilote stand - Aventura A656UA was the coachbuilt with overcab bed and dinette seat behind the passenger, 5 seats, 6 beds or the low profile P626UA 4 berth. 2010 brochure can be downloaded at www.pilote.fr

Hope this helps.

Finally worked why the P629UA is not shown as a U shaped diner - I think its because those gaps provide 2 additional belted seats. So driving 2up the dining seating would be U shaped but if you were carrying 2 passengers (i.e. 4up) then the "bridges" would be removed and you would then have 2 additional belted passenger seats - hence the U with holes.

TrosleyBoy - 2009-10-23 5:47 PM

Finally worked why the P629UA is not shown as a U shaped diner - I think its because those gaps provide 2 additional belted seats. So driving 2up the dining seating would be U shaped but if you were carrying 2 passengers (i.e. 4up) then the "bridges" would be removed and you would then have 2 additional belted passenger seats - hence the U with holes.

We have L shaped seating in our dinette/lounge area and its the same, you remove part of the 'L' and you then have 2 belted forward facing passenger seats.

Archived