Maxview manual sky dish

cleo

We are in France at the moment and travelling down to spain as anyone used one of these and picked up UK stations? Have you got any tips on how to set up easily or do you recommend to buy auto and if so which? dome or dish. Thanks.8-)

Very easy. Get your elevation right from the supplied chart and turn the dish from south to east of south until you get a picture. It takes about 30 seconds maximum. It does take very much longer with a Sky box but I always use a free to air box from Maplins for about £50 which produces a picture as soon as you lock on unlike the Sky box where there is an inbuilt delay.

With a Maxview crankup you will get all British channels all over France and into Spain as far as around Barcelona where some channels including BBC and ITV start dropping off.

There are many threads on here about satellite TV and suggest you do a search, gain some background knowledge and then, if you have specific questions, ask away.

Mike88 - 2009-10-24 3:29 PM

Very easy. Get your elevation right from the supplied chart and turn the dish from south to east of south until you get a picture. It takes about 30 seconds maximum. It does take very much longer with a Sky box but I always use a free to air box from Maplins for about £50 which produces a picture as soon as you lock on unlike the Sky box where there is an inbuilt delay.

With a Maxview crankup you will get all British channels all over France and into Spain as far as around Barcelona where some channels including BBC and ITV start dropping off.

There are many threads on here about satellite TV and suggest you do a search, gain some background knowledge and then, if you have specific questions, ask away.

what is said above is spot on, just plonk it on its tripod connect it up to the sat finder and away to go, the only thing i would say differing from above is i never go out without my sky plus box and it tunes in almost right away. cant go without a dose of football on a wet weekend :$

Mike88 - 2009-10-24 4:29 PM

If you have a Sky box with viewing card, you can receive encrypted versions of ITV1, C4, E4, More4, Five, Fiver and Five US, much further south than Barcelona with a Crank Up.

I need a 1.9m dish to get 2d at home, the other day I hooked up a Sky box to my Crank Up and got all the above.

Archived