Sheriffhall Park & Ride (+ free overnight) Yes/No.

gordonaldson

The answer here seems to be no as I've seen many Motorhomes going in cruising around then going back out.

I only take it they have'nt read my words on this forum or taken the time to check at the information building.

Right enough the building is often closed evenings and weekends.

But to the motorhomers that have used the Park and Ride, 6 in all one night, good freeby or what.

Any info gives a message.

Ps., Devils Beaftub is a good road plus scenery, eh what !!!

Gordon....

gordonaldson - 2009-10-25 9:55 PM

The answer here seems to be no as I've seen many Motorhomes going in cruising around then going back out.

I only take it they have'nt read my words on this forum or taken the time to check at the information building.

Right enough the building is often closed evenings and weekends.

But to the motorhomers that have used the Park and Ride, 6 in all one night, good freeby or what.

Any info gives a message.

Ps., Devils Beaftub is a good road plus scenery, eh what !!!

Gordon....

The answer is indeed no. Although overnight parking of a motorhome is allowed at Sheriffhall P&R, staying in the motorhome overnight is not.

Andy

Well unless Andy C has new conformation as to what I was told by the superintendant at the information desk, and from his superiors at head office in Edinburgh the answer is still yes.

But as far as I can see at the park & Ride at Straiton some 3 miles approx away it is being blighted by large caravans and vans.No Here.

Ingliston on north side of Edinburgh is a no as I have said before.

Gordon....

Sherifhall P&R is operated by Midlothian Council, unlike the other P&R sites in the area, which are operated by Edinburgh City Council.

See my web site Here for the official response from Midlothian Council regarding motorhome parking at Sheriffhall when I asked them last March.

Graham

"Technically, I am not aware of any restrictions at present relating to overnight stays but with four commercial sites within Midlothian and a further seven sites within a few miles of the Council’s boundary, we would generally expect motorhomes to make use of these facilities rather than use any if the town centre car parks or the P&R site. "

Mmmmmmmmm, a green light to stay overnight then? I too would expect you to use the campsites, but people get upset when i say this (lol) ;-)

Quote from Midlothian received yesterday:

"However, we do not sanction anyone staying overnight in a motorhome at Sheriffhall. The site does not have the facilities of a campsite or motorhome park - it is not designed to cope with people staying overnight. It is a vehicle park, and not intended to be residential in any way."

Andy

Archived