Fitting a bike rack to autocruise

le canichot depang

Has anyone had a bike rack fitted to an Autocruise Startrail motorhome? We are looking to get one, but were told that it could be impossible due to the molded rear panel? The one we were looking at was the Fiamma carry pro compact model which uses less area and we thought would fit just inside the flat molded area and still be able to open the bathroom window!

any advice as usual gratefully accepted - thanks :-S

I have a two bike one fitted to my Startrail it was fitted by the dealers as per what I wanted when I bought the van.. no probs with it.When I asked for one fitting they said yes no probs at all, ours is the Fiamma one and we can open the bathroom window ok granted not all the way but far enough.

le canichot d'epang - 2009-10-27 11:19 AM

Has anyone had a bike rack fitted to an Autocruise Startrail motorhome? We are looking to get one, but were told that it could be impossible due to the molded rear panel? The one we were looking at was the Fiamma carry pro compact model which uses less area and we thought would fit just inside the flat molded area and still be able to open the bathroom window!

any advice as usual gratefully accepted - thanks :-S

Here is proof that you can fit one to a Startrail as fitted by the dealers I bought it from Richard Baldwin Motorhomes Halifax

Sorry won't let me upload the pic

Over the last few years Autocruise made it rather difficult to fit a bike rack due to their quirky rear end mouldings. However, I think that you will find that the Fiamma Pro C rack will just about fit onto the reinforcing beams directly below the window frame and further down. Suggest you ring a Marquis dealer for advice as they fitted a good deal of these to Autocruises including our previous Starburst.

Mel B - 2009-11-02 8:25 PM

It doesn't have a rear window ... does it? 8-)

Oh hell yes it does... my dealers (Richard Baldwins) never said anything about not being able to fit one... they went and did it as instructed no probs it carries two full size adult ATB bikes without any problems at all

Archived