Spare wheel?

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

For those amongst us without the 'luxury' of a spare wheel this might be one solution?

It also has some basic tyre info for the benefit of those who have trouble following the complexities of these things.

http://www.tyron.co.uk/pages/form.htm

Unless I am mistaken another valuable bit of info is the '1508' below the 'R' for Radial letter - it is the date made - being week 15 of year (20)08.

This becomes highly relevant when the tyre is approaching five years old and close to the end of it's 'shelf life' - although it may well not be worn out it is considered by many to be at risk of failure through UV degradation of the rubber compounds from which it is made and should be replaced on safety grounds.

It is also a good way of finding out how old a 'new' van's base vehicle really is.

If I have got any of this wrong no doubt someone will advise us all!

This no spare wheel fitting is just an excercise by "The System" to employ more people.

No spare wheel = Same price for vehicle.

Tyre failure = Money for call out. Money for filler material. Money for new tyre perhaps. Advertising at maximum. Many companies offering an alternative. = Lots of employed persons.

Solution = Buy a spare wheel and tyre and have done with it. The spare wheel cost like any insurance will be absorbed in your total living costs. sometimes you gain sometimes you lose.

Now you have 5 wheels and tyres, wonderful, if you change them yourseves you can use the wear pattern on all 5 not leaving one for the next owner.

libby - 2009-10-28 2:07 PM

Solution = Buy a spare wheel and tyre and have done with it. The spare wheel cost like any insurance will be absorbed in your total living costs. sometimes you gain sometimes you lose.

What change an off side wheel on a single carriageway road with traffic going by within a few feet at 60mph??????

Tyron bands are a good solution anyway regardless. They enable you to drive to safety regardless of whether you change your own or not.

I have no association with this product just a user who thought about the risks. Oh yes I don't have a spare wheel either.

Archived