Dirna Bycool cool air system

Gianfe

Good evening all.

question: has anyone out there got any knowledge of the above air cooling system?

Also I am about to put an offer on a Carioca 656 2005 with 57.000 miles (ex rental). Any comment?

Thank you very much in advanced

Gianfe

Hi Gianfe and welcome to the forum. I have in the past installed a couple of Bicool units on motorhomes and here are my thoughts (but by no means a definitive answer).

Bicool isan evaporative cooler, that is to say it works by evaporating water into the air. This is a fairly effective method of cooling but it has a couple of drawbacks in my opinion. Firstly the amount of cooling is governed by how much water can be evaporated, in the UK when the temp goes up the relative humidity often goes with it. High relative humidity will limit how much water can be evaporated and therefore how effective the cooler will be. Of course somewhere like central Spain might well be a different matter.

Secondly, evaporating water into the air inside the motorhome is potentially increasing the moisture inside and could possibly lead to problems with mould or damp issues.

Installation is fairly involved as it includes a water tank which from memory usually goes in the wardrobe, this then has a pump fed from your main tank to keep it topped up. Then there's piping from the tank to the roof mounted unit as well as getting a 12 volt supply up there.

Maybe a few with real world experience of these units will give their opinions.

D.

Archived