External Screen Supplier

Charles Chodkowski

Charles

As I'm sure you appreciate, external screens for A-Class motorhomes are potentially much more challenging to design than those intended for 'vans that retain their original cabs, as a matching pair of cab entrance-doors (convenient to attach external screens to) is commonly missing on 'integrals'. If I remember correctly, Le Voyageur uses just one cab door on the vehicle's left-hand side.

Besides Silver Screens, you could also try Van Comfort. See:

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/Thermoluxinsulationscreens.htm

as there appears to be the opportunity to have screens bespoke-made. Prices not cheap - but hey, the concept of "cheapness" is not something that should concern Le Voyageur owners ;-)

Hi Charles

I think Mr Taylor is still making the Silverscreen for our Eura mobil A class he measured up at the Lincoln show for us and we are still waiting. It was the 2007 Lincoln show!!!!

At that show Mr sliverscreen quoted £5000 to make a one off for me, I guess he was'nt bothered about the work.

As a temporary fix over the first winter whilst I thought I was waiting for my taylormade to appear I made one myself. It keeps the windscreen clear of 95% of condensation through a british winter , which is what I needed, so I am just sticking with that.

My eldest daughter is quite an adept seamstress,in fact she assisted in the reupholstery of my Hymer and made a superb job. I am in the process of buying a new 'A' class, for which AFAIK, there doesn't exist a screen for it. Perhaps one of you kind souls may be able to advise me if and where I can purchase the material from to make one?

There are two French makers who cater for Le Voyageur: Soplair and Nouvel'Air.  Both are regarded as very high quality products suitable for winter sports use.

The former is available from some Ypo-Camp group members, and there is a Le Voyageur dealer, member of Ypo-Camp, at Seclin, Nord.  They may be able to help, though the price is around 800 Euros.  Google Ypo-camp.

Nouvel'Air is based in St Martin Eglise, just SE from Dieppe on the D1.  Their price appears to be around 1200 Euros.  Google Nouvelair.

Archived