CHANGING PASSWORD

Clive

Guest Clive
I note the "change password" bit on the login page but all it does is log me in. I want to change that alphanumericalgobbledegook they emailed me into something I can remember. What am I doing wrong?

Guest Brian Kirby
Clive I haven't tried changing, but if you tick the "remember me" box when you register/log in, it seems to log you in automatically next time you go to a forum. At least, I was then able to post without further logging in. In fact, when I tried to log in after registering and ticking "remember me" (why not "forget me not?") I just got pushed back to the Forum entry point, rather than, as I had expected, entering the message board. I therefore assume that logging in is only required once, unless the above box is left un-ticked. Oh dear, I thought that would be nice and clear, but I'm afraid it isn't! Hope it helps nevertheless. Brian

Guest Clive
Hi Brian, Yes, I worked that one out but I frequently am at different places on different computers. hence the desire to remember something familiar to me. Have you tried to change your password? Perhaps the webfurher can advise? Regards Clive P.S. I wish the TAB button would work properly on these Forums.

Guest IanStewart
Put in your Username and Password but *don't* hit the log-in button !!! Instead hit "change password". That takes you to a page where you can change it.

Guest Ian Stewart
I'm perplexed now too ! I changed mine on Monday from the one sent to me but I can't seem to be able to get back in to that particular page ! Might be worth asking on the thread, "Site issues and contact details"

Guest Warners
We've investigated this, and have hopefully solved the problem - please check the thread 'Site issues and contact details' for details.

Archived