Autosleeper Warwick ECU

elzebar

Hi we bought a new Warwick in March 09, Great we loved it until we went away and it broke down!! The ECU needed to be replaced!!! Not good we thought, Then last weekend the same thing happended and yep the ECU has gone again not good when its only 6 months old. Has anyone else with a Peugeot Boxer had the same problem? or even heard of this before because I dont think the ECU should of gone twice in the six months of having it :-(

Which engine does it have - 2.3 or 3 litre? Have you had the scuttle fix? I can't remember where the ECU is on these vans but could water from the scuttle or elsewhere be getting into it? An ECU failure on any vehicle is virtually unknown so the cause should be investigated. Its not good enough just to replcace the unit.

An Autocruise dealer mentioned to me last August that the ECU of a brand new panel-van conversion (presumably Peugeot-engined) had required replacement prior to delivery to the buyer. These things happen, but twice in 6 months is either very bad luck or (as has already been said) there's something external to the ECU causing the failures.

We have a Warwick but have had no problem with ECU, we had to have a rear light unit replaced but that is all. We have had the so called fix for water ingress but this has`nt stopped water running in the drain holes at either side of the scuttle. The nearside drain allows water onto various electrical bits and pieces I fitted a funnel and drain to divert most of it. When the van is on the drive I keep a long Taylormade Cover on which keeps the worst of the weather out, we also have tree nearby and it also keeps leaves etc out of the scuttle.

Archived