New Leisure Battery Recommendations

Clyde

I have had 4 Elecsol 125Ah batteries for 4 yrs 8 mths and they are still going strong. Have topped them up with 7.5 litres in that time.

A mate fitted same system as me but with 4 cheapie 110 Ahs. They are just starting to play up but he's not sure yet how many are dodgy.

That means my Elecsols have to last at least 12 years to give the same value.

Probably be going the cheapie route next time.

Guest Tracker

Over many years of battery frustrations I have experienced a cheapie lasting almost four years and a so called quality battery lasting less than a year - and even one Elecsol battery of being dead on arrival so I would always look for a make with a two or three year guarantee.

Batteries seem to differ as much between items from the same manufacturer as they do between different manufacturers.

If buying locally taking a digital multimeter and buying the one that shows the best charge might just give you an edge - with luck!

Battery manufacture does not seem to be a precise science yet!

The problem with battery life is that to get the best out of it you need to look after it and most of us tend towards fit and forget maintenance. Allowing a battery to be deeply discharged (beyond 50%) repeatedly or not checking and topping up the electrolyte level (on batteries where this is possible of course) or even charging it at too high a rate can all reduce a battery's life expectancy by large margins.

I've been selling Elecsol batteries for four and a half years now and I've not had a single return or customer complaint. Its worth mentioning that Elecsol do have a very precise warranty claim procedure requiring you to return the warranty leaflet soon after purchase and retain your copy along with your purchase receipt. If you buy Elecsol batteries I'd suggest you follow the warranty document instruction closely and keep your documents safe, just in case ;-) .

D.

Archived