Judder free Fiat 2.3

simran

Help - does anyone possess such a thing. About to finalise purchase of Burstner Ixeo and beginning to panic. Had Hymer in past which would not engage reverse on slope and starting to fear similar. Would a 3 litre automatic solve the problem- prepared to pay extra if so. :'(

Bit of both really,

I know loads that have a 2.3 with out a judder,

Some who have a Judder but can't fathem out what all the fuss is about,

Some who have a serious judder problem and have had recall mods done which HAVE rectified the issue.

I also know a few with the 3-0 auto and manual. One chap with the manual had a clutch go on his.

Personally I would not worry about it and deal with it as when and If you have a problem. There are loads of threads on the subject so do a search here and try www.motorhomefun.co.uk as well, for there are many trheads too on there.

I've got one! 2008 Autotrail Cheyenne 660, 6 speed manual gearbox, 13,200 miles, 6 European countries and no judder in reverse. It can slip on wet grass even going forwards, especially on a slope, so care is needed on non-hardstanding pitches in the wet but it reverses fine.

It is one of the comfiest vehicles to drive and I never feel tired at the end of the day.

Mike

Strange but I did not have to order the full package with our Fiat Auto? I chose the air con but not the other two. Have had cruise control on our car for some nine years but after the initial period have never used it.

It's good to see that Fiat appear to have sorted the problem ?? have they ? Are these vehicles from a 'New Batch' from the plant ?.

It would be interesting to know what the Reverse gear ratio's are and the final drive ratio's. Are the Ratio's the same or lower than 1st Gear ?

This is quite important, because if they are(ratio's lower than 1st) then i might be persuaded to take another look at Sevel based Van's.

And Yes, it DOES matter to me, i have a steep drive to reverse up.

Ray

armstrongpiper - 2009-11-04 10:01 AM

We've owned an Autotrail Tracker with 3ltr auto for nearly 18months, and we think it's great. Well worth the extra cost for relaxed motoring, and cruise control on the Motorway is sooooo easy on the ankles.

Neil B

We also have the same package, and for two people we think it is ideal. Smooth to drive, even when creeping forward or slowly backwards. Great piece of kit.

Roy Fuller

Archived