Ducatto horne

Guest brian p

Guest brian p
I have a 2000 2.8 Ducatto.the horne only works when it feels like it.I believe the problem is the horn ring on the stearing column but cant see how to get the center pad off,anybody know how it comes off,I dont want to force it & cant see any screws.The horne itself seems ok.

Guest Brian Kirby
Brian Afraid I can't answer your question on the centre pad, but another possibility is that the contacts on the steering column aren't working as they should. Because the steering wheel twiddles, the connections from the centre pad, which goes round and round, to the dashboard electrics (which don't go round and round) have to pass via a sliding/wiping contact set, probably somewhere inside the column shroud. The shroud is held on by four screws on the underside. They're easy to undo, but great fun to replace! If these contacts have become dirty or worn, they may only connect properly when the steering wheel is in certain positions. That could cause your intermittent horn operation. Hope this helps Regards Brian

Guest lizken
Brian, If you have no air-bag in the steering, the centre cover simply pushes onto plastic logs and should be gently levered upwards from the wheel Ken

Guest roger s
I have a 2000 Boxer, when it went in for its 1st service the dealer swopped the horn under warranty. They told me and when I queried said there was a known problem and I would only have to come back later and get it swopped as it would pack up !!!! unusual for a main dealer to be considerate but thats what happened

Guest Brian P
Thanks to those who replied to the Ducatto horn problem.I eventually phoned a Main dealer who was very helpfull.It seems that on this model the pad actually pulls off(upwards)then I have to remove the steering wheel nut & steering wheel.Was advised not to unscrew the nut completely because it takes quite a pull upwards to get the wheel free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
FUrther to my Ducatto horne problem where it only worked when it felt like it.As suggested by one of you I did pull the centre pad off and found that the push on spade wasn't a very tight fit so after a squeeze with the pliers I pushed it back on & it's worked every time since,no need to remove the steering wheel at all,as simple as that!!!!!!!!!!! (lol) *-) :$

Archived