dometic fridge climate control switch

w.gardner1

Hi again (see your other thread!) :-D

When you say 'behind' the control panel, do you mean next to the normal control dials? We have an AES fridge/freezer and to the left of the setting dial and the temparature dials is a curved button. This it used to 'defrost' the framework around the freezer compartment as, in certain circumstances, it can frost up and seal the door solid! If this is what you mean, then no, it should not be on except when needed.

w.gardner1 - 2009-11-06 4:03 PM i have a switch behind the control pannel which says on/off/climate control can any one tell me what its for and what position should it be left on , its an aes(automatic energy sensor)fridge freezer

It might help if you said what van, and which model of fridge.

Some Rapido vans used to have an added three position switch mounted onto the Fridge fascia that controlled auxiliary cooling fans behind the top external vent.  I don't know what was the exact wording used, but one position turned the fans off, one on, and the middle position left them thermostatically controlled.  I haven't looked at a current Rapido kitchen block, so can't say if the idea has persisted. 

However, I would expect any such arrangement to be explained in the manual.

Hi

Yes we have one on our fridge and our salesman who handed over the van told us that it is for use when it is very hot, apparently there are two fans inside between the fridge and the housing and this switch will operate them and help to cool the air around the fridge. Don't know how well it works or if its a gimmic as we haven't needed to use it with the "hot" weather in England. I think the idea is that it saves the fridge from having to work so hard if its hot! That said leave it switched off unless you are in extreme heat when the fridge will be working hard.

Archived