Dethleffs strange layout

Randonneur

Yesterday we visited the Motorhome Exhibition in Bordeaux and amongst the 2010 van was this Dethleffs Globeline T6813 with a very strange bed layout. I took one photo inside until the Rep came and wasn't very happy with what I was doing. Anyway here it is, twin SINGLE beds at the rear but at an angle to each other. I also took a photo of the info sheet stuck on the van but it hasn't come out very well but you should be able to get the gist of it.

Globeline2.JPG.670bc082c77ddba1e6fcf7d413187493.JPG

Globeline.jpg.4a1aca69d5ffffe9458af5e7a45b95d0.jpg

Guest JudgeMental

This has been available this year and is not new for 2010. Its on a Merc chassis I think. not sure that it offers any advantage over twin rear singles with a garage beneath. Bit of a novelty IMO.

may be wrong on this as there are none of this model up for sale on mobile.de. But i remember seeing it advertised earlier this year on Promobil web site.....

I can't say that I like the layout Judge, the outside was OK but nothing to write home about. Didn't get chance to have a good look because of the Rep.

Saw a couple of Pilote vans that I liked, Aventura 716LPA, one had a single bed that came down from the ceiling over the dinette, not the cab seats, and the other was a double bed the same design. They also had double fixed beds at the rear corner. Both were low profile as they call them over here.

Can't say that I was impressed with any of the new vans exhibited except for the enormous Rapidos and the Niesmanns. I was hoping to see the new Laika models but there was none, on the Owners Club website (not a Member) it says that the Factory won't be opening until 2010, whether this is correct I don't know but as they are part of the Hymer Group now I thought they would have a showing.

Archived