TV Cupboards

starvin marvin

Just changed the van for another, which has one of the tamba (roll up)fronted TV cupboards with the pull-out swivel to take a cathode ray TV.

I would like to fit a flat screen TV/DVD into this space.

The question is, are there any fixings/clamps available to secure a new digital telly to the pull out swivel, that I could acquire?

starvin marvin - 2009-11-09 12:48 PM

Just changed the van for another, which has one of the tamba (roll up)fronted TV cupboards with the pull-out swivel to take a cathode ray TV.

I would like to fit a flat screen TV/DVD into this space.

The question is, are there any fixings/clamps available to secure a new digital telly to the pull out swivel, that I could acquire?

We had this exact same problem. Our TV cupboard had a slideout and when we put the flatscreen TV on it we got neckache so had to come up with a solution. We bought a LCD bracket from Wilkinsons £12.99, this you can adjust up/down and it also turns so that the TV can face either the cab or the fixed bed and we fastened it to the upright that splits the bed from the dinette on the upright near the outside wall. We also bought a quick release fitting from Snellyvision that allows for easier removal of the TV from the bracket, I think that was £14 and now the TV is at the perfect height.

1159945492_SANY0004(2).JPG.f02c4f19a0a6c876bec1656f5b66f8d0.JPG

Have the same TV cupboard in my Hymer, so I striped it out and now have a Microwave in there, I am not too happy having a M/V that high, boiling liquids etc but with a little care it should be OK, I had to put a mains socket in the cupboard as it only had 12 volt but that was easy.I fitted our telly on a bracket against one of the walls of the van but had to reinforce it first easy enough to do so now our telly is where we want it and all can watch in comfort.

We have the same cupboard but as you say! you get neck ache watching up there, so we have a swivel bracket fixed to the wall underneath, we leave the t.v. fixed and it turns to the wall for travelling etc and O.H. made a cover that slips over to protect the screen. The cupboard holds just the sky box we keep it closed when not in use.

Archived