Site issues and contact details

Guest Warners

Guest Warners
Thank you to all the new users for registering with the Out&About Live forums. A number of issues have come to our attention since the site was opened, and we are working to recify the bulk of the problems. AOL users may find that their passwords are either delayed or do not arrive at all - this is an issue with AOL themselves and is sadly out of our control. However, a new forum system will be coming into place within the next three weeks, which should eliminate the majority of problems that users seem to be experiencing. In the meantime, we have been testing the site on as many different systems and internet browsers as possible, and have as yet been unable to replicate the layout errors that seem to be causing users problems. If you should experience any 'breaks' in the way the site looks, or any pages that appear not to work as they should, we would be very grateful if you could send us an email to the address below, along with details of which internet browser you are currently using (and version information, if possible), what type of computer you have (Macintosh or PC), and which operating system version you are using (i.e. Windows XP, Windows 2000, MacOS Tiger, etc.). A screenshot or two would also be immensely helpful! Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transitional period, and we hope that you continue to enjoy Out&About Live while we work to make it the only outdoors website you'll ever need. Email: webdes@warnersgroup.co.uk - Warners Internet Department

Guest Clive
Dear team, Please can I ask that you ahave a look at the posts re "Changing Password" I am one that cannot do it. Even if I hit the "Change Password" button it still jusy logs me in. Pc running XP this end with Internet Explorer V6.0. Thanks.

Guest Warners
Hi, we've had a look at this and the problem should be solved now. Visitors who are logged in to the new Out&About Live forums should now see the link 'Change Password' at the top of the main forum topic list (next to 'Register' and 'Change Password') - if you cannot see this link, you may need to click on 'Log Out' and then log in once more using your existing username and password. Once clicked on, the 'Change Password' page should appear - you need to enter your existing password in the top box, and enter your *new* password in both boxes below. Once you have done this, you can click on the 'Update' button. Your password should now be changed (as long as both entries for your new password matched each other). To complete the process, it is highly recommended that you log out, than log in again using your username and new password. Please note: the forum system uses small files called 'cookies' to keep users logged in. If you experience problems logging in or *staying* logged in, cookies may have been disabled on your machine. We hope this helps everyone!

Guest roger s
Change in password option has worked for me also. The site is very much quicker than the old one and is working fine here on Firefox 1.5.0.1 and Internet Explorer 7 beta 2

Guest Warners
We've now fixed a few more bugs - the email notification system should now work for the majority of people, and the 'Post Message' input boxes should now be a bit easier to read. Of course, if anyone should find any more bugs, please let us know and we'll endeavour to fix them as soon as possible!

• 2 weeks later...

If you're still listening Warners, may I support Clive's plea as above for all posts to retain their order of original posting.  This thing of the order changing every time a new post is added doesn't seem to contribute anything valuable and makes keeping track very much more difficult.

Thanks for your patience chaps and chapesses!

I agree with Clive. A key problem of the new sort is that there are so many new posts each day when it's busy that some can drop away to page 2 without ever getting a response. And who ever looks beyond page 1 unless they're looking for something specific? Let's go back to the old sort in order of first posting, PLEASE.

But it is so easy to see what threads have new posts, you just have to look at the symbol on the left hand end of the title, if there is a new post in the thread it has a nice clear green tick what is so difficult about that. If the green ticks go to the bottom of the 25 posts on the page then surely logic says you check the next page, simplicity itself. Think we are suffering Dinosaur problems here, or is it Ostriches?

Archived